Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD

Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci in 2009 and specializes in neurosurgery, critical care neurosurgery, and more.Read his story

19646 N 27th Ave Ste 108

Phoenix, AZ 85027

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sharma "Medicine is, first and foremost, about trust: trust in the patient-doctor relationship, trust in the healthcare system and trust in the hands and mind of the surgeon to help the patient make the right decision. My pursuit of a Neurosurgical career has been one of dedication, perseverance and commitment. Growing up in an Engineering household, most tasks were about calculation, precision and execution. For the longest time, I was convinced that I was destined to be an Electrical Engineer. Perhaps, I have become an electrical engineer on a biological scale; after all, the functioning of neuronal pathways is not all that different than that of an electrical circuit. It is that same attention to precision and details that has shaped my career as a Neurosurgeon thus far. I believe that the most important part of healing is the patient-physician relationship. It is a partnership in which both individuals are equally responsible for the outcome. I encourage all my patients to learn about their ailments, potential treatments and outcomes and then we, as a team, decide which avenue to pursue. Your contributions outside the operating room are just as important to me as my surgical skills in the operating room. Our biggest strength in this journey is our relationship and, together, we can trust, heal and care. When not working, I enjoy cooking, hiking and playing tennis. As a Phoenix transplant, I like to spend time with my wife, parents, brother and German Shepherd, while exploring new past-times and everything else that Arizona has to offer."

This content was provided by Dr. Sharma "We promise to treat you with respect, empathy and care, so we can build a relationship in your path towards healing."

• Neurosurgery
  • Critical Care Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Trauma Surgery
  • Peripheral Nerve Surgery

Dr. Sharma does not have any board certifications listed.

• Meningiomas
  • Spondylosis

• Brain Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotaxis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Wayne State University
  • Radiosurgery Concentration
    Other Education | Completed
  • Spine Concentration
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Sharma has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sharma has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Sharma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharma to family and friends

Dr. Sharma's Performance

Dr. Sharma Says:
"

Thank you for providing feedback that might assist future patients in their decision making during a difficult time. Your feedback is highly valued and we utilize it to continuously improve the care delivered to our patients and surgical outcomes. Please feel free to provide an honest and forthcoming feedback regarding your experience.

"

Great visit and physician. Recommend without reservation.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
We saw him for chronic pain after failed back surgery. Now, I can finally walk without much pain.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Sharma saved my son's life after he had a traumatic brain injury. We are glad doctors like him still exist.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have had back pain for years and when I met Dr. Sharma, he was thorough, honest and forthcoming. He told me that surgery was not going to help as opposed to offering me a procedure that I was not going to improve from. If you want an honest opinion, go see Dr. Sharma.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Abhi rocks! I have never met a doctor who asks his patients to call by his first name. He is thorough, experienced and down to earth.
Are you Dr. Sharma?