Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD

Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Arizona Brain & Spine Center 7649 E Pinnacle Peak Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale, AZ 85255 Get Directions

We promise to treat you with respect, empathy and care, so we can build a relationship in your path towards healing.

Medicine is, first and foremost, about trust: trust in the patient-doctor relationship, trust in the healthcare system and trust in the hands and mind of the surgeon to help the patient make the right decision. My pursuit of a Neurosurgical career has been one of dedication, perseverance and commitment. Growing up in an Engineering household, most tasks were about calculation, precision and execution. For the longest time, I was convinced that I was destined to be an Electrical Engineer. Perhaps, I have become an electrical engineer on a biological scale; after all, the functioning of neuronal pathways is not all that different than that of an electrical circuit. It is that same attention to precision and details that has shaped my career as a Neurosurgeon thus far. I believe that the most important part of healing is the patient-physician relationship. It is a partnership in which both individuals are equally responsible for the outcome. I encourage all my patients to learn about their ailments, potential treatments and outcomes and then we, as a team, decide which avenue to pursue. Your contributions outside the operating room are just as important to me as my surgical skills in the operating room. Our biggest strength in this journey is our relationship and, together, we can trust, heal and care. When not working, I enjoy cooking, hiking and playing tennis. As a Phoenix transplant, I like to spend time with my wife, parents, brother and German Shepherd, while exploring new past-times and everything else that Arizona has to offer.

Dr. Sharma's Experience

See how Dr. Sharma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharma to family and friends
Dr. Sharma Says:

Thank you for providing feedback that might assist future patients in their decision making during a difficult time. Your feedback is highly valued and we utilize it to continuously improve the care delivered to our patients and surgical outcomes. Please feel free to provide an honest and forthcoming feedback regarding your experience.

Dr. Sharma's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
I have had back pain for years and when I met Dr. Sharma, he was thorough, honest and forthcoming. He told me that surgery was not going to help as opposed to offering me a procedure that I was not going to improve from. If you want an honest opinion, go see Dr. Sharma.
Minneapolis, MN |
Abhi rocks! I have never met a doctor who asks his patients to call by his first name. He is thorough, experienced and down to earth.
Chandler, AZ |
I am glad I found Dr. Sharma. I had surgery from a different surgeon before but was left with more pain after surgery. He was willing to see me as a second opinion and surgery was scheduled right away. Highly recommend.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I found Dr Sharma after seeing 4 different spine surgeons. I have a disorder where my skull is too small for my brain and it pushed on my spinal cord which caused severe headaches. He was able to see me right away and I had surgery within the week. His sense of humor and clinical acumen are what separate him from other doctors. I have never found a more down to earth doctor who cares about his patients as much!
Bellevue, WA |
Dr Sharma is the real deal. He was honest and thorough and identified my problem right away. He did my surgery through a tiny incision and I went home the same day. I had a small bandaid on my back for a dressing. I went back to work 3 days after surgery. I can't say enough good things about Dr Sharma!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Sharma is the best surgeon I have ever been to. I have never had someone take so much time to help me understand all my options, both surgical and non-surgical. He was warm and extremely receptive to my concerns. It was clear that he treats his patients as he would his own friends and family. I would highly recommend Dr. Sharma to anyone who has reservations about seeing a surgeon.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr . Sharma's promptness, responsiveness and back office support was unsatisfactory. The inability to get access to him or his staff to address issues or questions continued during the hospital stay and afterwards. His office staff were slow to respond to urgent requests and were ineffective when speaking with them on the phone. I suspect that since surgery was an unlikely alternative, Dr Sharma's surgical priorities out-weighed his ability to provide professional care. Very disappointing
in Phoenix, AZ |
As a Family Physician in Phoenix, 30 yrs, I had many patients that needed lumbar spine surgery for disc disease with neurologic complications. When my symptoms were at the piont where I needed surgical intervention, I reviewed the medical literature and the different providers in Phoenix. I made an appointment with Dr. Sharma because of his expertise in minimally invasive spine surgery. My surgery was done and I had resolution of my symptoms within 24 hours. I recommend Az Brain & Spine Center
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Sharma is the very best surgeon I have ever been to... There are so many great things to say that there isn't enough room here to do so....I got a great feeling after my first visit and I knew after all the explaining and the care he showed me that this was the dr. for me... In the hospital when he came in to see me before surgery he was still letting me know what was going to happen and I told him then that I had complete faith in him or I wouldn't have gone this far. he is the "BEST"....
Phoenix, AZ |
Great doctor. Knowledgeable. Down to earth and great bedside manner. Highly recommend.
Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Sharma is not only only highly knowledgeable and skilled, he has an incredible "bedside manner." He is easy to talk to and gives the patient the full picture of the surgery and what to expect. I highly recommend him.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I had leg pain for several years but I didn't seek surgical treatment right away. I had several steroid shots and they helped somewhat but my pain got really bad when I was picking up my 4 year old son. Dr Sharma got me in right away and was very thorough and patient with his explanation. I had surgery the day after my visit and woke up pain free. Absolutely no leg pain!!! 3 weeks later I still feel amazing! And my scar is barely visible.
Have you seen Dr. Abhishiek Sharma, MD?
Are you Dr. Sharma?

Compare Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma says...

I believe that the most important part of healing is the patient-physician relationship. It is a partnership in which both individuals are equally responsible for the outcome. I encourage all my patients to learn about their ailments, potential treatments and outcomes and then we, as a team, decide which avenue to pursue. Your contributions outside the operating room are just as important to me as my surgical skills in the operating room. Our biggest strength in this journey is our relationship and, together, we can trust, heal and care.

Dr. Sharma's Care Philosophy

SPINE

• Cervical Cord Compression

• Cervical Herniated Disc

• Cervical Radiculopathy (Nerve Root Compression)

• Cervical Spondylosis/Myelopathy

• Cervical Stenosis

• Ossification of Posterior Longitudinal Ligament (OPLL)

• Lumbar Stenosis

• Lumbar Radiculopathy (Nerve Root Compression)

• Lumbar Spondylosis

Cervical fusion

Spine tumors

Chiari malformations

• General Neurosurgery

Benign and malignant tumors of the brain

Epilepsy Surgery

Craniocervical trauma

Dr. Sharma says...

Dr. Sharma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Meningiomas

Radiosurgery Concentration
    Spine Concentration

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Sharma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty