Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD

Dr. Julka
Telehealth services available

The Ohio State Hand & Upper Extremity Center

915 Olentangy River Rd Columbus, OH 43212

Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Columbus, OH. Dr. Julka has more experience with Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Ohio State University Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Julka to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Julka is affiliated with Ohio State University Hospital Columbus, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Frequently Treated by Dr. Julka

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Julka treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Julka treats other conditions, please contact the office at (614) 366-4263.

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Dr. Julka typically treats 83% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Release
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
Hand Fracture

• Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Ligament Reconstruction and Tendon Interposition (LRTI) for the Thumb
  • Limb Cramp
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Julka accepts

Dr. Julka accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
Coventry Health America PPO

Dr. Julka's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Julka

Dr. Julka?
  • Appointment scheduling (104)
  • Explained conditions well (104)
  • Office environment (104)
    Excellent doctor and surgeon. I broke my wrist after a slip and fall off my deck. I went to the emergency department who referred me to another surgeon in town but chose to go to Dr. Julka because he had done my carpal tunnel surgery in the past. He got me right into surgery and fixed my wrist with plates and screws . I can not recommend him more highly. He is the absolute best and I am so thankful I found Dr. Julka.
    MW – Jun 22, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    I had a wrist arthroscopy with Dr. Julka and am ecstatic about my care and my results. I had pain in my wrist for 6 months which was not getting better with injections or rehab. I saw one of Dr. Julka's videos online and called for an appointment. They got me right in and he got me scheduled for surgery within a week. He was very nice and explained everything very clearly. I felt completely confident in Dr. Julka and his team. I cannot imagine seeing another doctor now for my wrist. I am very thankful and recommend him highly.
    KM – Jan 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Five years ago I met Dr. Julka after a bicycle accident. My ulna was broke and my radius was shattered. Dr. Julka went above and beyond duty by, if needed, canceling his trip to the Boston Hand and Wrist conference in order to put my arm back together again. He saw me for the first time hours before his flight and determined I would be fine until he returned. This willingness was just the beginning of his fine care. He did an excellent job putting in a plate and was extremely patient with the recovery. I was impressed by his professionalism, his ability, his bedside manner and his overall knowledge. Even today, as I was having an issue with the arm, he returned my call and recommended a plan even though he no longer practices in Wisconsin. I guess once a patient, always a patient! If you are unfortunate enough to need a hand and wrist specialist, I would highly recommend Dr. Julka.
    Sherri Cultra – Dec 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Had a great experience with having my thumb LRTI with Dr. Julka. He is awesome and the recovery was so much easier than I was expecting. I chose to go to Dr. Julka after two of my friends had a thumb joint replacement or CMC arthroplasty by him and I could not be happier. I recommend him to everyone including my friends and family.
    Nov 09, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Did an awesome job on my endoscopic carpal tunnel release. I had no pain with the surgery at all and recovered in about a week. I was even back to work within 2 days. I would recommend him to everyone for hand surgery.
    Oct 22, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Dr. Julka was very Friendly and Professional. He explained the surgical procedure very well. I was very Happy and extremely satisfied with his care!!! The OT Department was also Excellent!!! Very friendly and Happy and Welcoming offices!!!
    Oct 22, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Dr. Julka fixed my wrist fracture in my radius bone 6 months ago and I was very pleased with his care and expertise. My neighbor had the same surgery a year ago and it seemed like I had a lot easier recovery and my incision was half the size. Dr. Julka addressed all my concerns before and after surgery. He even told me he would personally stitch my incision and use surgical glue because I was worried about scarring. I had very little pain after surgery and can honestly say my wrist is already back to normal. I am very thankful and recommend him highly.
    Sep 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Dr. Julka performed a wrist arthroscopy surgery on my wrist about 6 weeks ago. Prior to the surgery I had pain in my wrist for over a year which would not go away. Dr. Julka was my second opinion and I am really happy I found him. He was able to diagnose the problem as a tear in my wrist ligaments and get me into surgery within a couple weeks. His care was exceptional throughout the entire process. He called me over the weekend just to check up on me which I thought was really incredible. My wrist has had very little pain after surgery and in 1 week already felt better than it had in a year. I recommend Dr. Abhishek Julka strongly for any wrist surgery.
    MK – Sep 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    The carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand was severe: after 15-20 minutes driving or on a computer, my hand was numb. Surgery in such cases often cannot help. My experience with Dr. Julka was exceptional. The pain and tingling in my right hand are totally gone! He is such a skillful surgeon. I was concerned about using a hand rail right after surgery, and he showed me where the sutures would e and allayed my fears. He really cares about his patients. I am deeply grateful to him!
    Barbara K. – Sep 09, 2019
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Really excellent doctor. Doctor Julka saw me for ulnar nerve compression at my wrist and my elbow. I was having numbness and tingling in my pinky finger and hand that was driving me crazy. I was very nervous about surgery but Dr. Julka took time to answer all my questions and calmed my nerves. Before my surgery all the nurses at the surgery center were telling me how amazing he was which put me at ease. 6 weeks after the surgery I can say I could not be happier with my experience. I have no scars at all and have had no pain. My symptoms started improving within 2 weeks of the surgery and now I am finally starting to get my hand strength back. I had a friend that has had this surgery by another doctor at her local hospital and she is still recovering months later. I really think I had a great surgeon taking care of me and recommend him highly.
    Carrie M. in Upper Arlington, OH – May 31, 2019
    Thank you for your kind words. Decompression of...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    I had a very positive encounter with Dr. Julka. He has a great bed-side manner and was so accommodating to my needs as I was visiting from out of state and did not have the time to return another day for a Trigger Thumb Procedure. He was able to fit me in that day and the staff was very kind and helpful. I didn't have to wait long in the waiting room either-a big plus! Thank you Dr. Julka and staff for meeting my ALL my needs. You won't go wrong seeing this doctor-he's a keeper!
    May 23, 2019
    Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Just Excellent. Great communication from Dr. Julka about my options and the surgery he recommended. I decided to have my thumb arthritis removed with his LRTI procedure and am very happy I did. He is very kind and very skilled. 4 weeks after surgery there is NO scar and even better there is no pain. I drove from Lima to see him and very happy I did.
    Apr 20, 2019
    Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. I am...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    I had a great initial visit with Dr. Julka. We spoke about my hand issues from my rheumatoid arthritis. We talked through every single option including not doing surgery which I really appreciated. He did not press me to make a decision and did not push me have surgery. Last year I chose to undergo joint replacements for 4 of my knuckles. I am so thrilled with my results. I thank Dr. Julka for giving me my hand back. He has been a god send!! I will never go to any other hand surgeon again.
    Apr 18, 2019
    Thank you for your kind words. I have had the...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    I saw Dr. Julka for my wrist pain recently. He was able to get my wrist fixed with a steroid injection. Very smart doctor with excellent bed side manner. Loved the entire visit from start to finish. Has my highest recommendations for hand and wrist problems.
    Mar 23, 2019
    Thank you for your kind words. I am always happy...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Dr. Julka was fantastic. This was by far my best surgical experience and I have unfortunately had many in the past. I underwent a wrist fusion surgery with Dr. Julka that has gone really well. I have very little pain and my wrist is more functional now than it has been in 10 years. I am able to do things around the house, play with my young son and even workout again. I thank him and his staff greatly and recommend him to everyone. He is the Best!!
    Mar 18, 2019
    Thank you for your wonderful review. I love to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Dr Julka is a fabulous surgeon and has a great bedside manner. He takes his time explaining surgical procedures and answers all questions I am partial to OSU sports med orthopedists and would highlyrecommend him and his staff and OSU in general for medical care.
    Mar 15, 2019
    Thank you for your nice comment. I always aim to...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Everything was top notch.
    Todd Longworth in Plain City, OH – Feb 23, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    I appreciated Dr. Julka's approach to medicine. He was thorough in his explanation of Kienbock's disease (avascular necrosis); the treatment for it; the surgical options available; and in his reasons why he believed that the proximal row carpectomy would be the best option for me. His mild manner was comforting and reassuring as I moved through each stage. His medical expertise and the occupational therapist's rehabilitation plan mean that I will have use of my hand and wrist for a long time.
    Barbara in Hebron, OH – Feb 20, 2019
    Barbara, Thank you so much for your thoughtful...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Very informative & professional. Everyone was so kind & caring.
    Kim Goodman in Lancaster, OH – Feb 11, 2019
    Hello Kim, I hope you are well. Thank you so...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?
    Wonderful doctor who took care of my wife for a shoulder replacement in Lancaster, Ohio at Fairfield medical center. She had little to no pain with the surgery and was able to leave the hospital the next day. She has regained function very quickly and the pain she had in her shoulder is completely gone. She had undergone several clean out type surgeries before the shoulder replacement which did nothing unfortunately. I was very happy that we went to FMC and found Dr. Julka there. Thank you!!
    David P. in Lancaster, OH – Feb 11, 2019
    Thank you for your glowing review. I have been...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhishek Julka, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Julka?

I grew up in a military family traveling to a new city every couple years till I was 10 years old. Once my father retired from the Army we settled in Cleveland,...Read more

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery