Dr. Abhijith Mally, MD

Dr. Abhijith Mally, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Abhijith Mally, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Snellville, GA. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Mally is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth, Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville and Eastside Medical Center.

1557 Janmar Rd

Snellville, GA 30078

Learn about Dr. Mally

See how frequently Dr. Mally performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
Uroflowmetry

Dr. Mally's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mally "Dr. A. Dev Mally received a prestigious academic scholarship to Drexel University College of Medicine where he earned his medical degree and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.   He then completed his internship in General Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, followed by a residency in Urology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Upon completion of residency, he pursued a fellowship in Urologic Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Dr. Mally has published numerous journal articles on topics ranging from kidney cancer to robotic and minimally invasive surgery. His work has been presented in numerous national and international conferences.

While Dr. Mally specializes in all aspects of genitourinary surgery, he has special expertise in treating urologic cancers including prostate, kidney, bladder, adrenal and testes cancer. He was a Fellow and Clinical Instructor in the Department of Surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, which has ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care every year since U.S. News & World Report began its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey in 1990. During this time, Dr. Mally completed a Clinical Research Methodology Curriculum funded by the National Institute of Health and was a primary author for a clinical trial utilizing checkpoint inhibitors to treat non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. This novel treatment that unleashes the body's own disease fighting cells against cancer –an approach known as immunotherapy - has been heralded as the "Breakthrough of the Year" by Science magazine in 2013.

Dr. Mally is well trained in da Vinci® robot-assisted procedures, endoscopy, laparoscopy and open surgery. He is skilled in complex cancer surgery including robotic prostatectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy, post chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and continent urinary diversion following radical cystectomy. Dr. Mally focuses on the whole person, not just the disease. He wants his patients to be alive, but also to be able to live full and enjoyable lives. "

• Urology
  • Urologic Oncology

Dr. Mally does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anemia
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Leukocytosis
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Ureteral Stricture or Kinking
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Bladder Surgery
  • Prostate Removal
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Indiana University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • Drexel Univ Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Meml Sloane Kettering Cancer Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Mally has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mally has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mally does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mally and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mally's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mally to family and friends
Dr. Mally's Performance
in Monroe, GA |
Dr. Mally is a very skilled surgeon. Even though he was extremely busy on this particular day, I never felt ignored by him or his talented team. The intrusive procedure he did with me to clear stones and replace stents resulted in very little bleeding. I have a couple more procedures to go through, but I'm more confident than ever that Dr. Mally and his exceptional team will make me whole and healthy again. I shall be forever grateful to Dr Mally and the entire staff of Advanced Urology.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
Dr. Mally is awesome! Very caring, takes time to completely discuss options in easy to understand language with no rushing. Highly recommend Dr Mally for kidney stone issues!
in Stone Mountain, GA |
I regard Dr. Mally with the highest respect any patient could have for his treating physician. Over 30 years of treatment from five private urologists and at least 10 VA urologists, Dr. Mally is the best and most professional urologist I have developed a physician/patient relationship with, and it is my pleasure to be his patient. He is thorough in explaining points of treatment, and he listens with genuine interest. He is my doctor and I recommend him highly with the highest regards...
in Snellville, GA |
I have visited Dr. Malloy twice, both times he has been very caring and listening to all my questions I know he is an excellent Dr. As I looked up his credentials. I have already given his name to one of my friends.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Excellent service and care. Went to another urology last year and was totally disappointed. But advance was more than I expected. Can only give you a five star rating on this review, but I would give you a ten star rating if possible. Would highly recommend you to anyone needing your services.
in Riverdale, GA |
Dr. Mally is a doctor, whos warm and caring disposition is transferred to his patients. His words "We can fix IT," was like music to my ears, especially after so many "We don't know," and your symptoms worsening. Dr. Mallys caring spirit gave me hope that changed my life, thank God, and that staff, wow, they are awesome also, great spirits all around. A. Prather
in Conyers, GA |
Dr Mally performed robotic surgery on me on December 29, 2016. It was an eight hour operation due to the growth of my prostate, which was always enlarged. Dr Mally removed the cancer completely and I am free of my cancer. I am truly blessed to have Dr Mally as my doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a urologist. His is friendly, personable as well as professional. He is truly brilliant in his field and a pleasure to converse with.
Decatur, GA |
There's something special about Dr. Mally. He looks right into your eyes, he makes that doctor/patient connection with such openness and honesty. This is who he is for every time he's the same - he's direct and to the point and all is expressed with care and concern. I had some questions before the procedure and he took time to call me and answer my concerns. After talking with him, there is confidence that all will be well.
in snellville ga |
Dr. Mally , was a wonderful doctor, very understanding and concern. He explained everything to me and my hubby very well and answered any question we had.
in Winder, GA |
Dr Mally is excellent! He was extremely professional and has a great bedside manner. He preformed a procedure that required me to be asleep and was wonderful during the whole process. He visited with me briefly before and after the procedure to answer any questions I had. His staff called me the next day to make sure I was doing well. The entire staff here was friendly and professional!
in Norcross, GA |
highly successful surgical procedure. very warm and caring doctor
in Loganville, GA |
Very knowledgeable, experienced & great bed-side manners. I had needed a robotic partial nephrectomy due to potential cancer. The surgery went so well that I really did not need the pain medicine that was available to me. I felt some discomfort, however in less than 2 weeks I was taking long walks with my husband and getting on with my life. Dr. Malley, I really appreciate your surgical skills also, as I will have just a few tiny scars compared to a large one if I had a regular open surger
Have you seen Dr. Abhijith Mally, MD?
Are you Dr. Mally?