Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Sanan

Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Boston University School of Medicine in 1991 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Sanan accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Sanan has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(520) 795-7750Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Sanan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sanan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Meningiomas

Dr. Sanan treats Meningiomas more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Sanan treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Brain Surgery

Dr. Sanan performs Brain Surgery more than 71% of his peers

Dr. Sanan performs this procedure more than 71% of his peers

Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Sanan performs Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal more than 68% of his peers

Dr. Sanan performs this procedure more than 68% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Meningiomas
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • TrueBeam™ Radiosurgery
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

We strive to provide individualized care to our patients.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Sanan?
Dr. Sanan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Sanan and staff are very professional, thorough, and personable. Dr. Sanan came highly by the anesthesia group that my wife works with. He is an amazing surgeon that I would highly recommend to anyone!!! His NP and MA compliment the staff very well. The Center for Neuroscience, which is where Dr. Sanan practices, is a well oiled machine and is very efficient.
Excellent outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
When I first met with Dr Sanan, he reviewed my spinal issues with me, using my MRI. He told me my treatment options and i elected to have surgery. I was having extreme difficulty walking. My surgery was scheduled within 9 days and has been a complete success. Physical therapy had me up and walking, later that same day. Dr. Sanan and all of his staff were very kind and helpful. They answered all my questions and completed my FMLA paperwork on short notice. I would highly recommend Dr. Sanan to my family and friends should they need any type of spinal surgery. I feel grateful that I had such skilled surgeon which lead to my having a good recovery and being able to walk again without pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
1/17/19 POSTERIOR - THORACOLUMBAR - LAMINECTOMY/DISCECTOMY. Everything went great - got up and walked the same day - spent 3 night in TMI - went home with very little problems walking or getting around. Now on 4/30/19 I have no pain at all, and can do just about anything. I have not felt this good in YEARS!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
My appointments and surgery with Dr. Sanan was top shelf. He and his staff are most professional and a pleasure to be in their hands. After meeting with them I was left with very few questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Dr Sanan and his staff were wonderful. They were compassionate and professional while thoroughly explaining my diagnosis and options. I feel very fortunate that Dr Sanan was my surgeon, and I am grateful for his surgical skills and his affability!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Since this was the 2nd surgery within a year, my focus was on finding a surgeon who was trustworthy, confident, with advanced specialty and most importantly, practiced open communication with their patients, These traits, I found in Dr. Sanan as he called me several times to address a few concerns prior to my surgery and I felt reassured and valued as a patient. This quality is rare in present day and was treasured.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
I had a Craniotomy, I am not sure if that is spelled right. I recovered really quick Dr. Sanon and his team are very respectful and considerate to your feelings and sypmtoms. I would highly recommend them to all my family and friends if ever needed. Thank you to the Center of Neurosciences. I am grateful to have ever walked in your door.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
So far, I am very satisfied with the laminectomy and I especially appreciated Dr. Sanan's easy-going patient approach. It put me at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
I had a very positive and wonderful experience with Dr Sanan who removed a large synovial cyst from my lumbar spine. I am so happy to be free of the pain and have my normal life back. Dr Sanan took the time with me to show me my MRI and discuss my options. I chose to have the cyst removed surgically. He informed me about the surgery and the small risks associated with it. I'm glad I made the decision I did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
I had a sense of ease and comfort after my consultation with Dr. Sanan prior to my procedure. The surgery went off without a hitch and my recovery has been comfortable with no post surgical complications. Dr. Sanan visited me after my surgery taking a keen interest in my well being. He was caring after the procedure while I was in recovery and again gave me a sense of ease and comfort. If you ever require brain surgery then the man for the job is Dr. Sanan. Thank you Dr. Sanan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Dr. Sanan is a very good doctor. He explained everything so that I would understand what was going on and what his plans were. Bedside manners are excellent. His staff is also great. NP Haskell is great also. I had the pleasure of seeing her twice. I would recommend to anyone that has to go through what I did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Dr. Sanan provided me with excellent care and a flawless surgery. I feel complete confidence in his skills and feel that my recovery has been made faster and easier by this. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Well, I just completed a 90 day episode of wearing a neck brace 24/7 and everything turned out just as Dr Sanan said it would. The staff and PA Janice Haskell were attentive and efficient, wait times were minimal and the surroundings very comfortable .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Been my guy for many, many years ??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
After experiencing FBSS in June 2017 (different facility in Tucson), I had lost all confidence in pursuing further surgical treatment. However, after 9 mos of unrelenting, disabling nerve pain in my leg, I resumed my search for treatment. After consults in Tucson, Phoenix and Texas, I found Dr. Sanan via Healthgrades. His professionalism, integrity and personal responsiveness to my concerns were unmatched. Dr. Sanan is exceptional and a rare find. I was pain free immediately following surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
Dr. Sanan and his team are extremely well qualified and demonstrate compassion and thoughtfulness for patients. They are thorough and explain conditions in a manner which is understandable. They answer questions and spend as much time with patients as necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
This man is amazing. He is observant, listens intently and takes the time to explain exactly what he can or can not do for a specific issue. Found this Doctor to be approachable and very knowledgeable. I felt comfortable with his diagnosis and confident in his ability to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Sanan from a friend and right from the get-go I felt comfortable. He and his staff answered any concerns we had before the surgery and made me feel confident with the decision I made to have surgery.. Post surgery I am happy and recovering well. I am very happy with the results and am still recovering.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Abhay Sanan, MD?
I had a rapidly growing tumor that was greatly impacting my vision. Dr. Sanan recognized the severity of the situation, and his office quickly got the surgery scheduled, and approved by Triwest. Since the tumor was cancerous, Dr. Sanan went above the level of care and inserted chemotherapy wafers to make sure the cancer would not return in that spot. Shortly after surgery I noticed a definite improvement in my eyesight, and I am quickly recovering. Dr. Sanan's follow up care is excellent.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sanan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sanan treats patients.

Compare Providers