Dr. Abdul Shahid, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Pain and Spine Center 1 Elizabeth Pl # 160 Dayton, OH 45417 Get Directions
Dr. Abdul Shahid, MD

Dr. Abdul Shahid, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Dayton, OH. He is 45 years old. Dr. Shahid is affiliated with Medical Center at Elizabeth Place.

Dr. Shahid's Care Philosophy

www.101pain.com

Dr. Shahid's Experience

See how Dr. Shahid's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shahid

Dr. Shahid accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Shahid is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shahid has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shahid's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shahid to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Shahid's Performance
    GOOD
in Englewood, Ohio |
I was a patient with regular urine tests. All were fine until Christmas. I had family in and we all had a glass of wine after dinner. I had an appt the next day. I took a urine test and the the results came back with alcohol in my system and bc they rx'ed opioids to me, they cut me off and gave me a referral for a dependency clinic! I was in complete shock. I am neither an alcoholic nor drug addict. They gave my meds back eventually but acted like they were punishing a child by taking away a toy
in Dayton, OH |
They make you decide which is more important, your mental or physical health. The abruptly stopped my pain meds because Im prescribed xanax by my psychologist for PTSD and other anxiety related issues. Then they proceeded to tell me "good luck finding another pain management doctor who accepts your insurance." So I'm stuck! I live in constant pain. My back is seriously messed up, had a failed knee surgery and I suffer from fibromyalgia. If your insurance will allow you to go to another dr, GO
in Riverside OH |
I have nothing but great things to say, he is not a pill pusher. He asked about every aspect and derived a plan and I have my life back. He laid out and future plan to keep and maintain good health.
in 45177 |
I WAS ONE OF DOC SHAHIDS PATIENTS, SEVEN OR EIGHT MONTHS I SAW HIM THE DOC 1CE, FIRST VISITS, SEEMED GOOD,, THEN GOT A NURSE, ALMOST DOC, SHE ALSO WAS OK, THEY WERE ALWAYS SLOW,,WAIT TIMES 3 TO 4 HRS, , TREATED LIKE YOU ARE A DRUGGIE, NOT A PATIENT,, BUT THEY AT LEAST TREATED MY PAIN, UNTIL I MET CONNIE ANOTHER NURSE DOC, MY OTHER ONE EVIDENTLY QUIT DONT KNOW,, NO CHOICE ,SHE ON THE SECOND OCCASION TOLD ME HER DISEASE,REDUCED MY MEDS, I COMPLAINED ABOUT WAIT TIME, AND I HAD TO PEE 3HR HOLD
This is by far the worst doctor ever. Beyond rude. Has a God like image of himself and thinks no one can compare to him. Wait time is ridiculously long. We overheard the same things coming from other patients while in the waiting room. Someone said they wouldn't bring their dog to him. We however wouldn't bring our neighbors dog to him. No compassion, no bedside manner. Only interested in money. Please save yourself from the worst experience possible and stay away!!!!
in Piqua, OH |
Very kind and compassionate group. They have always gone above and beyond to help control all the nerve damage in my back. I am very happy that I now have more independence than I did before. They listened and took action about all my concerns. Great Dr. and staff.
Englewood, OH |
I will never go back to this clinic, t hey gave me opiod pills that made me very sick that i told them i did not won,t, they told me I either take them or they would not give me anything else,I don,t prefer to be an addict, I control what goes in my body not them, your Dr. is suppose to work with you but not him.
Dayton, OH |
This doctor is the worst ever. His attitude is very unprofessional and so is some of his workers. He is a liar and I have heard a lot of other people say the samething. I have also seen other bad reports and reviews on him. If you can avoid him PLEASE DO at all cost!!!! I wouldn't give him any stars but it was the only way I could post my review so I really give him ZERO STARS
Was referred to this office a week ago. My surgeon said if i hadnt heard from them by Tuesday, to call them. Called, put on hold by a either very busy, or very rude (after three days im leaning towards the latter) lost connection, after over thirty minutes. Today is Friday, I will try again Monday since i have no other choice. Seven hip surgeries in three years, still chronic pain,I need help from a DOCTOR, not someone who views me as a number.Very dissatisfied, yet to walk through the door.
in Dayton, OH |
This office sets you up for failure. If you have a pain level that requires more than 5mg percocet you will fail because that is all you are going to get from them. Your pain level, like mine fluctuates. If you take even one more than they tell you, which you will, they pull the rip cord and out you go. Maybe he is just trying to protect himself but that should have been discussed before deciding to hire him. Also, if you stop taking his injections he will find a reason to dismiss you.
in Dayton, OH |
The Pain and Spine Center has been such a help and comfort to me! Dr. Shahid is interested in more than helping with pain... He actually wants to eliminate what's causing my pain! Care like that is so hard to find! And Connie, the NP, is so compassionate. After my first appointment with her, I felt so encouraged. She's not only knowledgeable, she's empathetic! I finally feel like I'm on the road to wellness, thanks to the care from the staff at the Pain and Spine Center.
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Shahid has helped me tremendously. He has a great calm bedside manner & his staff have always taken the time to answer all my questions. He recommended a neuro stimulator which has helped control my pain two fold. I trust him a lot and would recommend him for anyone who suffers from chronic back or leg pain. His staff is always professional and cheerful. Five stars!
Good experience, staff great. Very helpful. Would recommend others
New York, NY |
For over three hours, no one entered my room except a nurse to take my vitals. Then, his PA spent more time with me than he did to assess my progress so far. He did not listen to me about my pain level or my input on what had and had not worked for me with him so far. Overall, he has been indifferent to my needs. It seemed he had the same plan of repetitive, unending epidural and nerve blocks for every patient. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Abdul Shahid, MD?
Are you Dr. Shahid?

Compare Dr. Shahid

Dr. Shahid's Care Philosophy

www.101pain.com

Dr. Shahid's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
    •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Shahid has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shahid's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology
    • Pain Medicine

• Autonomic Disorders
    • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
    • Chronic Pain
    • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
    • Discogenic Pain

University Of Ok College Of Med

Completed in 2004

Ohio State University Medical Center

Completed in 2010

University Of Rochester Medical Ctr.

Completed in 2011

• Other Education
      Interventional Pain Management, Rochester Ny

Completed in 2011

Pain and Palliative Medicine Osu

Completed in 2010

Dr. Shahid does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shahid and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology

• Sacroiliac Joint Injection
    • Spinal Cord Stimulation
    • Spinal Nerve Block
    • Stellate Ganglion Block
    • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)