Dr. Abdul Khan, MD
Oceans Behavioral Hospital of Greater New Orleans716 Village Rd Kenner, LA 70065
Dr. Abdul Khan, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Kenner, LA. Dr. Khan has more experience with Psychotic Disorders, Personality Disorders, and General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy than other specialists in his area. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Khan to book an appointment.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Khan
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Khan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Khan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (504) 464-8895.
Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Khan is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures
Personality disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect how a person thinks, feels or behaves, including narcissistic personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Khan is experienced in the area of Personality Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy
General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Khan is experienced in the area of General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 41 conditions and procedures
Addiction & Substance Abuse
Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Khan is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Khan's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Khan's conditions and procedures:
- ADHD and-or ADD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
- Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
- Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
- Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
- Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Cocaine Addiction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Conduct Disorder
- Delusional Disorder
- Dementia or Depression Screening
- Dissociative Disorder
- Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
- Family Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Homicidal Ideation
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
- Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
- Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
- Nondependent Opioid Abuse
- Opioid Dependence
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
- Psychological Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
- Psychotherapy for Crisis
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Somatoform Disorders
- Suicidal Ideation
- Tobacco Use Disorder
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Khan accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Khan accepts the following insurance:
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO