Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Katranji Hand Center 2111 Merritt Rd Ste 101 East Lansing, MI 48823 Get Directions
Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji, MD
Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in East Lansing, MI. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Katranji is affiliated with Eaton Rapids Medical Center and McLaren - Greater Lansing.

Dr. Katranji's Experience

See how Dr. Katranji's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Katranji

Dr. Katranji accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Katranji is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Katranji has admitting privileges.

Dr. Katranji's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katranji to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Katranji's Performance
    GOOD
in MI |
As I seen doctors in past, the worst service I ever never seen before, always late and rude service by office staff. Of course I did not meet Dr.katranji so far. If I meet him definitely I will let him know, other wise he can see this review
in Lansing, MI |
My wife and I have had several surgeries and physical therapy through Dr Katranji. Great experience and care, heart of gold. He is busy and on occasion there is a wait before appointments. I work at a local hospital and have seen him with patients at 3am.
in East Lansing Mi |
He is is the best doctor I have ever had! Saved my hand, and made sure I felt fine. I wish I could.personally thank him!
in Okemos, MI |
Dr. Katranji is very upbeat and personable and diagnosed and treated my issue in one visit. Canceled my follow up because the treatment worked so well.
in Dewitt, MI |
Never will I waste my time with this yahoo and his unprofessional staff. I called 28 times in 90 days to get my next treatment done to no avail. It got to a point where the young lady who was my contact cringed when I called because she had no answers. She actually changed her tone when she realized it was me calling. So unprofessional. He obviously does not care about patience care and the only thing left to care about is $ and that's obvious by the way he overbooks. 1 to 1.5 hour wait.
in Owosso, MI |
Dr. Katranji is the GREATEST doctor/surgeon in the world. He has a heart of gold and the best ever. 2 yrs ago he saved my 2 yr old daughters hand that had been ripped off and smashed in an accident. He did all this when he wasn't even on call at Sparrow. He is my families hero and he should be honored for being such a wonderful man and doctor. Please remember when you are waiting to see him he is worth the wait. He just might be saving someone's hand.
in East Lansing, MI |
I was told in March that they were going to schedule me for a MRI and my follow-up appt. would be April 15. I had to cancel the appt. because I hadn't had the MRI yet. After 5 calls to the office about this, I still wasn't scheduled. On May 20th I had appt. with my PCP and I told him about this. My MRI is tomorrow, June 7th. I don't even know if the office is aware of this or if Dr. Huettner, the doctor I was seeing at Katranji Hand Center, even knows about their office not taking care of this.
Have you seen Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji, MD?
Are you Dr. Katranji?

Compare Dr. Katranji

Dr. Katranji's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Sanction

Dr. Katranji has received 1 sanction

• Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (2/20/2015)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Katranji, Abdalmajid MD: License # 4301080828: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician engaged in Violation of General Duty/Negligence. ACTION TAKEN: The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Care Services has imposed a FINE and placed the physician’s license on PROBATION.
    • State: Michigan
    Board Action

Dr. Katranji has 1 board action

• Disciplinary action in another state (4/30/2015)
    • Action Taken: License Placed on Inactive Status
    • Summary: Katranji, Abdalmaijid MD: License # 036106848: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician has a sister-state discipline in the State of Michigan. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation has placed the physician’s license in REFUSE TO RENEW status.
    • State: Illinois

Why It Matters: Dr. Katranji's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

Completed in 2004

Hartford Hospital

Completed in 2005

• Arabic

Dr. Katranji does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katranji and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery