Dr. Aaron Godwin, MD

Dr. Aaron Godwin, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Aaron Godwin, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med in 2005 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.Read his story

1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ste 250

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Godwin

See how frequently Dr. Godwin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Opioid Dependence
Major Depressive Disorder
Marijuana Addiction

Dr. Godwin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Godwin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Godwin "I grew up on a farm in Jay, Fla., a town so tiny that even its name is the shortest in the state. In this small farming community, I learned big lessons about kindness, discipline and service to others. I am descended from generations of farmers and farmers' wives, but none expected me to be a farmer. Instead my family's hard work in the field gave me a chance to pursue a different profession: medicine. After graduating from the University of Florida College of Medicine, I became the first medical doctor on both sides of my family. My parents, paternal grandparents and maternal grandparents, all former farmers and farmers' wives themselves, were with me on the day I became what I had set out to be, a physician. Later, I completed a general psychiatry residency and a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship, both at Emory University School of Medicine. I am board certified in both general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry. As I see patients, it is helpful for me to remember that my medical knowledge and expertise may have been taught to me in medical school, but my work ethic and my desire to help others? Well, that was grown on the farm."

This content was provided by Dr. Godwin "I believe that psychological wellness starts with knowing oneself. Knowing oneself well means making better decisions about what to do, where to go, and above all, how to achieve one's own personal version of success. In my practice, teaching patients to know themselves well is of equal importance with providing accurate diagnoses or prescribing effective medications. I hope that, through my efforts, patients can learn a personalized way to achieve psychological wellness, obtain an accurate diagnosis if there is one, receive indicated treatment when it is needed and know that through this process that they have done the best they could."

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Godwin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Godwin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Godwin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Godwin's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Godwin to family and friends

Dr. Godwin's Performance

Dr. Godwin Says:
"

I welcome your feedback in order to improve your experience and to enhance my contribution to your psychological wellness.  Direct feedback helps develop my ability to connect with patients and earn their trust.  Trust, above all else, engages treatment and keeps it moving forward.  Please let me know if I have failed to earn yours or have lost it some way.

"

Dr. Godwin is a God Send. I started meeting with Dr. Godwin in 2017. I had worked with numerous doctors in the past for depression and thoughts of suicide because Dr. Godwin really listened to me. Because of how he cared for me, I am in a good place now and recognize that my life does have value. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Godwin is a breath of fresh air in the maze of psychiatrists I have seen inpatient and outpatient for my bipolar, anxiety & ADHD. He listens with intent and is comforting, yet realistic with his recommendations and explanations for treatment. He asks questions relevant to my concerns and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Godwin is amazing! He takes the time to listen to you , gives you wonderful support , and solutions to your issues. He truly cares for his patients.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I would recommend Dr. Godwin to my family and friends. He is by far the best psychiatrist I have ever been to. He is smart, prepared for your appointment and always responds to your emails. I could not been more pleased and feel I am taken great care of by Dr. Godwin.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0