Dr. Aaron Friedman, MD

Dr. Aaron Friedman, MD

Laryngology  |
Dr. Aaron Friedman, MD is a laryngology doctor who practices in Northbrook, IL. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

501 Skokie Blvd

Northbrook, IL 60062

Learn about Dr. Friedman

See how frequently Dr. Friedman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
Larynx Conditions
Laryngitis

Dr. Friedman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Friedman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Friedman "Dr. Friedman, a fellowship-trained laryngologist and laryngeal surgeon, founded and directs the NorthShore University HealthSystem Voice Center, the only comprehensive Voice Center on the north shore of Chicago. He studied under and was subsequently a practice partner of world-renowned laryngeal surgeon, Dr. Steven Zeitels, a pioneer and leader in the field of laryngology, who has operated on such famous voices as those of Adele, Sam Smith, Steven Tyler, and Roger Daltrey."
This content was provided by Dr. Friedman "The mission of Dr. Friedman and the NorthShore University HealthSystem Voice Center is to employ the latest in laryngeal diagnostic and treatment methodologies to help patients with voice disorders through a combination of state-of-the-art medical, surgical, and/or vocal behavior management.  We strive to deliver the same high quality care to both vocal professionals and non-vocal professionals alike."

• Laryngology
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Airway Disorders
  • Dysplasia
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vocal Cord Surgery
  • Vocal Fold Medialization Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Uc Berkeley
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Massachusetts General Hospital/Center For Laryngeal Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Friedman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Friedman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friedman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Friedman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Friedman to family and friends
Dr. Friedman's Performance
I am so happy that Dr. Friedman was recommended to help me with my quivering vocal cords to restore my strong speaking skills! His knowledge is excellent, his medical awareness and treatment are outstanding. His suggestion to inject botox to the muscles outside my vocal cords has created an amazing, comfortable solution. Plus, his kindness and concern are uplifting. I highly recommend this fine doctor!
in Glenview |
I went to see Dr. Friedman on the advice of my primary doctor. I give Dr. Friedman a 10 out of 10. He explains everything in laymen terms to make make sure you understand it all His bedside manner is the best I ever had from a doctor. After the visit he also gives you ample time to answer all you questions.
I was recommended to meet Dr.Friedman for a sudden loss in voice strength that I experienced and the condition had continued for about 5 months. Dr.Friedman diagnosed my condition and said it is caused by a polyp. He recommended surgery which I did undergo, and my voice is back to normal now. plus points, empathetic, apologizes for being late even by a few minutes (never seen another doc do that), great at his speciality, amicable yet to the point. You want to see him if you have a voice problem
in Park Ridge, IL |
When I was confronted with a polyp & hemorrhaging vocal chords, I knew I needed the best surgeon. I use my voice for a living, so it was critical. I found it in Dr. Friedman. He is nationally recognized & one of the best doctors I've ever had. He was empathetic, an incredible listener, & performed my surgery with a great result. His team of voice therapists were also amazing. I'm back to using my voice professionally, but with better technique and range. I can't recommend him highly enough.
in Schaumburg, IL |
I found Dr. Aaron Friedman to be skillful and highly qualified in helping me with my vocal cord issues. In removing all the plaque and restoring my voice to its normal state. I found him knowledgeable, patient and considerate , along with the latest and newest equipment and approach in working with any ENT problem. I strongly recommend Dr. Aaron to anyone with a ENT situation.
in Addison, IL |
There are no words to explain Dr.Friedman, he's very knowledgeable in his field. I never felt like I was being rushed through my appointments. He took his time explaining every test , procedure and surgery in a language I understood. Always made sure I all my questions answered . His bedside manners are above and beyond any other dr I've been to. He's kind, gentle and compassionate . I highly recommend him. I just wished he was a internal medicine Dr god knows he would be the best out there,
in Glenview Illinois |
Last winter I lost my voice for several months. Dr. Friedman, a premier Laryngeal (Vocal cord) specialist was incredible at helping diagnose and surgically helped me through the process of getting my voice back!! I have severe asthma and take many medications and inhalers which made my vocal cord problem very difficult to treat. Dr. Friedman was wonderful at explaining everything, professional and humble. I am so grateful for his professional expertise and training, and so close to home!!
in Glenview, IL |
I recently had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Friedman who was able to successfully diagnose a problem I was struggling with over a period of six months. After meeting with several doctors, upon referral I finally was able to meet with Dr. Friedman. With proper treatment, care and voice therapy I was able to bounce back to my normal self. His expertise and kindness is beyond your traditional ENT doctor and I highly recommend his care to anyone facing similar challenges. Best, Lydia S
in Zion, IL. |
Dr. Friedman communicates very well and took the time to listen and answer the questions I had about my surgery. He gave me options and explained them thoroughly. Once I made the choice on a procedure, he told me what to expect and how things would happen every step of way. Everything went very well from pre-surgery to post-surgery recovery. The results have been fantastic.
Mundelein, IL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Friedman. In all honesty, he was the third ENT doctor I saw. He was the only one who diagnosed and treated me properly. I had been having trouble with my throat for 6 months. I had no luck with the other doctors. Dr. Friedman had better equipment and saw the problem within my first visit. I am feeling much better and will not see another doctor about my throat issues again. I will go directly to the to Dr. Friedman.?
in Evanston, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Friedman .He removed a polyp from my vocal cord.He explains everything in detail. He listens and answers all of your questions.He truly cares about his patients and their well being. He is an excellent surgeon who I totally trust. Lou Avon
in Highland Park, IL |
Dr.Friedman was amazing. He spent a lot of time with me and explained thoroughly everything to me. I had seen another doctor for my problem and wanted a second opinion. He gave me a much better exam and a number of suggestions on how to help with my problem. I would absolutely recommend him! He was truly a 5 star doctor!! Debbi Rosenberg
Have you seen Dr. Aaron Friedman, MD?
Are you Dr. Friedman?

777 Park Ave W
Highland Park, IL 60035

Laryngology
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)