Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 51

Telehealth services available

IU Health Physicians Neurosurgery

362 W 15th St # 5100 Indianapolis, IN 46202

Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Indianapolis, IN and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Cohen-Gadol has more experience with Nervous System Neoplasms than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Southern California School of Medicine medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with IU Health Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cohen-Gadol to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Cohen-Gadol with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Cohen-Gadol's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cohen-Gadol

Dr. Cohen-Gadol

I am sorry to have to leave this rating. I am sure he is a wonderful surgeon for brain related neurological issues. However I did ask this office before I came in if they handled my type of facial nerve damage.It is frustrating to me to be told by multiple doctors that don’t have it. They had my films there for a couple of weeks prior to the appt. I need to qualify that I called I. To see if he worked in my area of nerve damage and was told he did. I need to state that I drove a total of 2.5 hours round trip to get to his office. They were told beforehand why I was coming in and said they could help and then I am told by him that he can’t help. Despite the fact that this is not my area but let me refer you over to someone who knows more about facial nerve trauma”. I didn’t even get that. I drove this far for nothing. I wasted my time. Very disappointed.
Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Doctor Cohen-Gadol was the first doctor to actually know how to correct my hemifacial spasms. I found his name on Facebook in a support group. It seems that general practitioners and even neurologists have no idea that surgery is not only possible, but is the only option to fix those never ending spasms. I recommend him highly. After my surgery I woke up spasm free for the first time in four years!
Teresa Schmidt – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
This surgeon is the best for this treatment of hemifacial spasm surgery. He performed my surgery in june. I haven't had even one spasm. I'm very happy! I'd recommend him to anyone who has the hemifacial spasms.
Cloye Lamere – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Dr. Cohen is extremely talented, highly skilled, highly competent but more importantly, he makes it abundantly clear that he CARES. He removed a large tumor from our daughter's brain. We couldn't have asked for a better outcome or a better surgeon!
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Excellent physician! He explained everything clearly to me and made sure all my questions were answered. He made me feel very comfortable and provided the most top-notch care. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else as my neurosurgeon!
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Dr Cohen and his team are the best in confidence doing my brain surgery Very kind
Vicky bollinger – Oct 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Three weeks ago (to the day), Dr. Cohen-Gadol excised a large meningioma that was putting pressure on my motor strip causing me severe vertigo and balance issues. In a nutshell, the surgery was highly successful. Dr. Cohen-Gadol and his team were able to remove virtually all of the meningioma and we expect a full recovery in 6-8 weeks. Expected to be in Methodist Hospital’s Neurological Ward for six days post-surgery (3 days in ICU and 3 days on Surgery Floor). Unbelievably, I was home in less than 48 hours (1 day in ICU and less than 1 day on Surgery Floor)!! It just couldn’t have gone better. We’re very, very lucky to have such an acclaimed neurosurgeon in Indianapolis! I give him my highest unconditional recommendation. In closing, I should also note that Dr. Cohan-Gadol’s staff is nothing short of top-notch (especially his team of nurses and Primary Assistant, Chylsea). All are very knowledgeable, attentive, and organized. Dr. Paul M. Biner
Dr. Paul M. Biner – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Dr. Cohen-Gadol saved my life. Not to be overdramatic, but my tumor was so large that any further time wasted could have been tragic for me. We were so lucky to have him as our surgeon. He and his team are extraordinary. Yes, he is a man of few words, but I'm more interested in how he is in the surgery room than a cheery bedside manner. If you want a top-notch professional, this is the man for you!
Brad Shearer in Noblesville, IN – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Dr. Cohen-Gadol was very knowledgeable about the type of meningioma that I had. I was diagnosed at another Indiana hospital and was referred to him. I have no doubt that my improved life after surgery was because of his skills. I so appreciated the timely manner in which I first met Dr. Cohen-Gadol and had surgery--17 days. I was dismissed in two days from Neuro Critical Care.
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
He did excellent work removing my tumor. The whole staff was helpful and thorough. I highly recommend them.
Patricia Lawson-Buckley in Bloomington , IN – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Best Neurosurgeon in Indianapolis - From the first minute, he never wavered on my treatment plan. Removed by brain tumor and I was up and walking next day - went home 4 days later without any pain. I've never trusted anyone more in my life. He's quiet & provides short answers, but he was very direct & I appreciated it.
Craig Lee in Noblesville, IN – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
A busy practice well supported by a solid team of professionals.
IN – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Very professional. He and his staff are top notch always putting the patient first. He has an amazing team. An excellent surgeon who is very compassionate
John in Fort wayne, IN – Jul 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
I can't rate Dr Cohen & staff high enough! After extensive research I chose him for a left middle fossa miningioma in October of 2014. He's always answered all of my questions & concerns, didn't down play my condition unlike previous doctors that I had seen, his bedside manor has always been phenomenal, & when it came time for my surgery he treated my family great as well! It's definitely worth my 5 hour round trip for the care that I receive from Dr Cohen & his staff
Michele Kyler in Fort Wayne – May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Wait a second!...any review with this doctor should not be anything except excellent...He is a genius in his industry and has proven this with my experience....I came to him with my proper tests and insurance in order..to have my surgery....I had a successful surgery and I was only hospitalized for 1 day for hemifacial spasm decompression surgery..after surgery 6 months later I needed to revisit for some follow up for my case-I was greeted and we did some discussion..he ans. all of my concerns!!
Paul Ryan Bird in Indianapolis, Indiana – Apr 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Dr. Cohen-Gadol is an excellent physician and surgeon. He successfully removed a meningioma from my head with very few side effects remaining after the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen-Gadol for anyone with brain problems.
Neal Randall in Carmel, IN – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
If I could give a zero rating I would. Its all about the brand and money. You will receive poor care, they don't listen and understand your situation, no compassion, no empathy, poor bedside manner, cannot receive the truth about your situation etc. I have brain tumors and they refuse to be honest about my situation, have no compassion for my situation, refuse to believe anything I say about my poor quality of life etc. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Indianapolis IN – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
Great Doctor! Friendly office staff. Dr. Cohen-Gadol is extremely knowledgeable and made me feel at ease.
Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?
WONDERFUL !.... I had pituitery tumor removed october 2015...everyone from his office staff and surgical team to the Doctor himself were nothing less than a God send to me ...I can not praise them enough...I traveled 100 miles each way per visit and I would do it again times 10..Dr.Cohen takes time ,listens ,answers questions,most of all makes you feel comfortable. Thank you Dr.Cohen-Gadol !
James K Johnson in Eaton, OH – Dec 31, 2015
We are so thankful for your response! Our office...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen-Gadol?
Provider explaining information to patient