Dr. Aaron Bare, MD

Dr. Aaron Bare, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 47

Telehealth services available

Dr. Aaron Bare, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Warrenville, IL. Dr. Bare has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bare to book an appointment.

Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

New Patient?
Patient Booking Open
Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Orthopaedic Associates of Dupage Ltd27650 Ferry Rd Ste 100 Warrenville, IL 60555

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

Dr. Bare's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bare

4.3

Dr. Bare?
  • Staff friendliness (52)
  • Appointment scheduling (50)
  • Office environment (50)
  • Long wait times (34)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (11)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
I had total shoulder replacement surgery in July performed by Dr. Bare. He was highly recommended by my personal physician as the best in our area. That recommendation proved to be true. He is kind, patient, and very competent. He took all the time necessary to educated me on what was to come and what to expect. Others had told me that this type of shoulder surgery was very painful and had a long painful recovery period. None of that proved to be true. Of the many painful surgeries I have have had in my life, this one proved to be the most pain free. I had no overnight stay in the hospital and so far my recovery has been excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Bare and his staff to anyone needing their expertise.
Taylor w Manning – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I'm writing this to express my admiration and profound gratitude to Dr. Bare, who operated on my torn meniscus this year. Dr. Bare is an elite surgeon and person who, in my case, was able to take away any fear I had with regards to the healing process and recovery. My results with Dr. Bare have been stunning and I feel better than ever. In addition to his excellence as an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Bare has assembled a smart and caring staff who go out of their way to make all the patients comfortable. My words can't thank you enough!
Elise M – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
The office staff were very friendly and helpful. Dr. Bare was very mindful of my injury and took the time to explain how they would fix it. The day of my surgery everything went great. Dr. Bare explained everything to me before the surgery and talked to me after. It's been four months and my arm/long head bicep feels great!! No more constant pain!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Bare. Thank you for handling my surgery with care.
Josh M. – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
If you want the best, go see Dr. Bare. He really cares about his patients. Through careful and deliberate analysis, Dr. Bare accurately diagnosed my knee injury that had been misdiagnosed by other surgeons. Post surgery he has been attentive, available, and committed to a great outcome.
Jenna C. – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I went to Dr. Bare for an opinion on knee replacement as I was in a great deal of pain from osteoarthritis in both knees. As I was a good candidate for surgery and really needed both done, Dr. Bare agreed to do both knee replacements at the same time. Surgery went well with only an overnight stay at the hospital. Dr. Bare did a wonderful job on the knee replacements. Shortly after surgery, most things closed due to covid-19 concerns. This meant most of my PT would be done on my own. His team did communicate with me via phone and video chats. Now, three months after surgery, I am walking over a mile a day, biking and exercising. I see improvement each week as I do more and more things. I cannot thank Dr. Bare enough for doing the bilateral knee replacements. Doing them both at the same time was best for me. I had no complications or surprises. Dr. Bare listened to me, communicated well, and utilized his surgical skills to help reduce my pain and move me forward in a more active life.
Anna Hansen – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I went to Dr. Bare for a second opinion on my shoulder injury. After consulting with him, I realized that because of his knowledge and expertise that he would be the perfect choice to perform the surgery. Not only was the surgery successful, the staff was incredibly accommodating and helped everything run smoothly and comfortable. My overall experience with Dr. Bare and staff was incredible and I highly recommend their services.
Dominic F. – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
If you need surgery look no farther then Dr Aaron Bare, Northwestern Medicine, 27650 Ferry Road, Warrenville, IL 630-225-2663, My story: I was a competitive power lifter ranked in Top 100, a 9 year Marine, desert dirt motorcycle rider, etc. I wore out my right (dominate) shoulder and started seeing Dr Bare for cortisone injections for 3 years. I suffered through pain that was limiting my activities and life. I was afraid to undergo surgery having heard bad stories from people I ran into. Finally, on Jan 3, 2020 I had enough and told Dr Bare at a consult let’s do the surgery, a complete shoulder replacement. Surgery done on Feb 4, and I finished my physical therapy May 21. No more pain day 3 post surgery. I am now doing 6 sets of 10 reps push ups daily with one leg in the air on a rubber ball. Cleared by Dr Bare to add in a weight program and I now do all my normal life activities without pain to include ATV riding. My only mistake was not having Dr Bare "fix" me 3 years ago.
Gary Fernandes – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I was 74 and fell skating, totally lost my shoulder, requiring a replacement. Dr. Bare recommended a reverse shoulder, during my evaluation I told him I was a skater and needed to hold onto my skating partner in a certain way, my arm being low and slightly back to my side. Dr said he wasn't sure that could happen. The surgery went well and the therapy was smooth, yes I did do what the therapist recommended and several times a day. NEVER during this entire time did I experience ANY pain and did not take any pain pills. The scar is minimal and the movement is outstanding. I am back skating getting the movement I needed. When asking Dr Bare about the success he said, " Oh I just rotated the joint slightly as I do for golfers. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give Dr Bare a 12, just wonderful.
Roger Wampach – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
Dr. Bare has an excellent bedside manner, his staff does too. Everyone is very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Appointments are easy to make and the wait time is never too bad.
Jerry – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
Dr. Bare is very good to his patients. My mother has been seeing him for quite some time because of shoulder pain. He always listens to her concerns and explains treatment thoroughly. Since she started seeing him, her condition has definitely improved. His staff is very friendly and inviting also. Thank you for everything you are doing.
Don – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
My son ended up with a knee injury from playing sports. It was a very difficult time for us and we were all worried he wouldn't heal appropriately. We wanted to give him the best of the best doctor wise. I found Dr. Bare online and after doing some research, scheduled an appointment. His initial exam was very thorough, he read through all the reports and talked to my sin about symptoms before deciding to do surgery. Once surgery was done, the healing process began very quickly. We are thankful to have found him and trusted him
T.S. – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Bare. He, along with his entire staff, are professional, caring and courteous. I had a reverse replacement of the right shoulder on Jan 28 2020 and could not be happier with the results. I had less pain two days after the surgery than the night before surgery. Everything about my surgery and recovery were clearly explained to me, all my questions and concerns answered. My recovery is going very well and I have better overall range of motion than before surgery.
John K. – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
When I first met Dr. Bare in February 2019, I was looking at my 6th major joint replacement; 2 hips, 2 knees and 1 shoulder (L) had been done. Of all, the was the most challenging. It had been done 6 years ago (with another surgeon) and things had changed. Dr. Bare is a cutting edge physician who keeps up to date on all the latest advances in surgical techniques, medications, implant devices and PT. The experience with him and his team was the BEST. Everything, the surgery, recovery and rehab went better than expected. I was off hard-core pain meds in only 5 days. I finished PT a week early because I had met all the milestones. By 90 days, I was totally back to living my life pain free and without limitations. When I went for my 6 months check-up, I told him, "I never even think about my shoulder anymore." At a year, I was asking, "So why do I have to come back if everything is perfect?" I did. It's always nice to seem the team. I can't give him and his team enough gold st
Cynthia K Wade – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
December 2019 Dr. Aaron Bare, MD is a really gifted orthopedic surgeon who specializes in total shoulder replacement (arthroplasty). Most importantly he possesses talent and bed side manner that is off the chart good. I did my due diligence and I consulted with more than one surgeon. I want and need to tell you all why you too should want this man to perform your surgery. I expect a surgeon to embrace their artistic/aesthetic talents and be equal to the expected functional outcome. I am a 61 years old female who has endured more than a decade of arthritic pain, bone spurs and had extreme difficulty just dressing or putting my hair in a pony- tail. I am posting a photo of my scar after just (8) weeks post- surgery. My surgeon and I are both so very proud of my 2.5” incision that if done by anyone else could have easily been twice that length or more. My post x-ray has shown a perfectly fitted ball and socket that is crucial to maximum flexibility. My incision is minimal & no pain.
Pamela Fruth – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
On 12-18-18 Dr. Aaron Bare preformed a total left shoulder arthroplasty (total shoulder replacement) and again on 12-17-2019 Dr. Bare preformed a total right shoulder arthroplasty. My experience on both surgeries has been a total success with last years surgery allowing me to return to the golf course and cycling after 4 months, and now 6 weeks from my right shoulder replacement, I have back my full rang of motion as I continue therapy. Dr Bare's personal attention to my original concerns on recovery and physical activity prior to my first surgery, gave me the confidence to have him perform the operation. My recovery and ability to be active with sports and pain free from the first surgery made my decision for the second surgery an easy one. My confidence and trust in Dr Bare and his support team, was key in my decision to have surgery.
Kenneth S. Small – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
Dr Bare is absolutely fantastic! I had a knee injury 2.5 years ago where my acl, mcl and both meniscus were torn. A different surgeon had done my acl repair and I went through 2 years of pain and problems in my knee. All from forming a bakers cyst having my knee drained and given steroid shots, to exploratory surgery. None of which full resolved my pain and dysfunctional knee. I was a high level athlete at the time of my injury and it was very disappointing that everyone I saw was unable to help me and get me back to playing sports! I had 2 knee surgery’s before I finally met with Dr. Bare. He was so understanding and listened to me tell my whole story (2years worth)! He understood my frustration and wanted to give me the best outcome. He was able to answer all my questions fully and laid out all my possible options and outcomes. I really respect that he gave me the time and didn’t rush me. Surgery couldn’t have gone better and I couldn’t be more thankful to have my life back!
  • Long wait times
Sarah – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
In October 2019 I had reverse total shoulder replacement. It was a great decision after three years of pain and misery. Dr. bare and staff were friendly and very efficient. No pain or discomfort after surgery. Post op orders were clear and easily understood. No complaints on my part. After having had 12 operations I know what to look for. I am amazed as to how well it all went. I am in physical therapy and experiencing no pain. A job well done!
  • Long wait times
Diane C. in Morris, IL – Dec 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
I am a spry 83 yr. old woman who was referred to Dr Bare by my son. After years of dealing with severe shoulder pain I went to see Dr Bare. I immediately felt comfortable with him. He was very personable, informative and took his time to make sure I knew and understood all my options. I had my right shoulder replacement in 2017 and it went perfectly. In Oct 2019, I had my left shoulder repaired with a reverse shoulder replacement - of course done by Dr Bare. Surgery went flawlessly. I had little to no pain after surgery or during PT. I recommend Dr Bare and his wonderful staff. He is an excellent surgeon and cares about his patient. Outstanding.
Susan W. / Western Suburbs – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
Have been a patient of Dr. Bare’s for over 12 years. Every appointment is a pleasure with him and his staff. Had shoulder replacement surgery and my recovery/results exceeded expectations. Dr. Bare also performed shoulder surgery on both of my daughter’s shoulders and she is very satisfied with her recovery.
Greg – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?
So I googled Dr Bare before I made my appointment just to see his reviews. (Who doesn’t ??) After reading them I was a little apprehensive about seeing him because I had already seen another doctor for my knee issues and Dr Bare was going to be my second opinion. I did see a couple of negative reviews on here but I went with my gut instinct anyway and made the appointment. Let me tell you do not always go with what you read. This man was phenomenal!!! From start to finish my office visit was excellent. Dr Bare is one of the most down to earth physicians I’ve ever met. He sat with me and explained everything about how my treatment process was going to play out. He answered all my questions and concerns. He is extremely knowledgeable. I left there feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. Between his treatment, his amazing PA and office staff I’m better than ever. I never felt like I was just another paycheck to them. I could not recommend him enough. Excellent work Dr Bare!!!!
Jamie – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aaron Bare, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bare?

Dr. Bare accepts

Dr. Bare accepts the following insurance:

Aetna EPO
Coventry Health America PPO
Coventry Health Care HMO
Coventry Health Care POS
Coventry Health Care PPO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
United Healthcare EPO
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
Viant

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists.

Typically treats 76% more than similar doctors

Adhesive Capsulitis

Dr. Bare treats Adhesive Capsulitis more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Bare treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

Dr. Bare performs Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement more than 89% of their peers

Dr. Bare performs this procedure more than 89% of their peers

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

"Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives."

• Sports Medicine