Dr. Aaron Altenburg, MD

Dr. Aaron Altenburg, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Aaron Altenburg, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Pocatello, ID. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

2240 E Center St

Pocatello, ID 83201

• Altius Health Plans
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Altenburg

See how frequently Dr. Altenburg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Altenburg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Altenburg "I am incredibly excited to return to the Pacific Northwest and serve the South Eastern Idaho community. I specialize in total hip replacements, total knee replacements, uni or partial knee replacement and difficult revision hip and revision knee replacements. My training from the Mayo Clinic is a great foundation for my patients successful outcomes at Portneuf, but more importantly I believe in treating every patient equally and focusing on preserving a caring touch throughout your care."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Neck Muscle Strain

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Iowa
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Mayo Clinic-Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Altenburg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Altenburg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Altenburg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Altenburg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altenburg to family and friends
Dr. Altenburg's Performance
in Idaho Falls, Id |
After 10 months of living with a failed hip surgery, a friend told me about Dr. Altenburg. After a quick review of my x-rays, he was able to confirm that the hip socket had never bonded to the bones. He was able to quickly get me scheduled for surgery and I have had a miraculous recovery. I can walk without pain again. The care at Portneuf hospital is first class. I would recommend Dr. Altenburg to anyone even thinking about hip or knee surgery.
in Pocatello, ID |
I began seeing Dr. Altenburg in Spring, 2012. I was in a lot of pain and having difficulty walking which was preventing me from doing my job and my hobby showing dogs. I had already had several knee surgeries. Dr. Altenburg and I tried a couple of options before deciding on surgery in the winter. The best decision I have ever made, huge difference in my lifestyle!!! Dr. Altenburg is caring and knowledgeable and works with you to come up with the best treatment plan. I highly recommend him!
Pocatello, ID |
Dr Altenburg is the best knee replacement Orthopedic Surgeon. He is honest and tells it like it is. You know exactly what to expect and are able to prepare for the best outcome. The staff (Matt and Jessica) are very helpful and professional. Great team work with the best outcomes possible.
in Bozeman, MT |
Absolutely amazing results after one year and both knees replaced. I can do anything and everything I missed doing (or did in pain) before the surgeries, including riding my horse, snowmobiling, shoveling snow, walking great distances, and best of all...SLEEPING through the night. Highly recommend Dr A and his entire team at a great hospital. Well worth the effort to travel to/from Pocatello for these procedures.
in Pocatello, Idaho |
Very knowledgeable about joint replacement surgery, excellent surgeon. Very caring about his patients well being and recovery.
in Pocatello, ID |
Perfected the process to prep, endure and complete the modern complete knee replacement surgery for both my knees. Maintains professional and prepared staff at the office, in the surgical room and at the hospital. Maintains a safety policy and operation with hospital staff and his patients (red zone or no fall). Is well liked having integrity and best reputation shared by all office and hospital staff. The food provided in my room at the hospital was best quality.
in Pocatello, Idaho |
Dr. Altenburg and his staff are awesome. He has a warm and caring manner and listens to you. His credentials are impeccable and he did a great job on my right knee replacement and will do my left knee as soon as the right is totally healed. He and his staff get high marks.
in Pocatello,Idaho |
After a lot of study at the university of the internet I had determined the severe pain I had in my left leg was spinal stenosis. I was wrong! After after a few maneuvers it was clear it was a hip problem. Dr. Altenburg had X-rays that showed what the problem was. After explaining the alternatives for relief we decided to go for the hip replacement. Other the first two weeks I have nothing but praise for him. The pain is gone and I do everything I want to do. I have great respect for him.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I'm in my mid fifties, and had known for a number of years that a hip replacement was in my future. Several people recommended Dr. Altenberg for the procedure. Good call. From the initial exam and consultation to the post op visits, my experience was very positive. I went up a flight of stairs the day after replacement. After 25 years of pain, I feel like I got my life back, and my wife says even my mood has improved. Don't put this procedure off. Dr. Altenberg and his staff are on my hero list.
in Pocatello |
I had two total hip replacements in 2015.. he was very professional answered all our questions. Made me feel very comfortable and secure, I would recommend him most definitely - anyone. He is awesome...he has helped me get my life back..
in Malad City, ID |
My name is Dwight, after yrs of pain & no relief or solutions from other doctors was sent to Dr. Altenburg who replaced my hip and under his superior care I am doing great have a ways to go to full recovery but am already 100 times better. I would recommend Dr. Altenburg to anyone.
in Stone, ID |
I am 62 years old and with all the experiences I have had with Doctors, I have to say Dr. Altenburg was by far the best I have ever experienced. I had a bad knee problem and had went to the best in our area and the Park City area and no one knew how to help me or really cared about helping me. At our first visit he knew the problem and gave me the solution. My surgery with him and the care I received was so superior to anything I have ever experienced. I'm so glad I found him!!!!!
in Sugar City, ID |
Dr. Altenburg was AMAZING!!!! Having seen my mother go through three miserable hip replacements, my experience was much different. He replaced both my hips. One in Jan 2015 and the other in July 2015.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I was born with bi-lateral hip dysplasia; for the last 25 years I was mostly in severe pain. I had 2 unsuccessful surgeries in the 90's and spent nearly a year in bed - generally no relief. I was very hesitant to have more surgery, but life as it was, was nearly unbearable. To say the least, finding Dr. Altenburg was the best thing that's happened to me in many years - 2 replacements in 2 months and nearly new, with some residual pain!
Have you seen Dr. Aaron Altenburg, MD?
Are you Dr. Altenburg?

• Blue Cross of Idaho
    Blue Cross of Idaho PPO
  • CHAMPVA
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Guardian
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PacificSource