Dr. Aaron J. Altenburg, MD

Dr. Aaron J. Altenburg, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 42 years old

I am incredibly excited to return to the Pacific Northwest and serve the South Eastern Idaho community. I specialize in total hip replacements, total knee replacements, uni or partial knee replacement and difficult revision hip and revision knee replacements. My training from the Mayo Clinic is a great foundation for my patients successful outcomes at Portneuf, but more importantly I believe in treating every patient equally and focusing on preserving a caring touch throughout your care.Read more

Dr. Altenburg's Experience

See how Dr. Altenburg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Altenburg

Dr. Altenburg accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Altenburg has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Altenburg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altenburg to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Altenburg
Dr. Altenburg's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (21)
in Pocatello, Idaho |
Very knowledgeable about joint replacement surgery, excellent surgeon. Very caring about his patients well being and recovery.
in Pocatello, ID |
Perfected the process to prep, endure and complete the modern complete knee replacement surgery for both my knees. Maintains professional and prepared staff at the office, in the surgical room and at the hospital. Maintains a safety policy and operation with hospital staff and his patients (red zone or no fall). Is well liked having integrity and best reputation shared by all office and hospital staff. The food provided in my room at the hospital was best quality.
in Pocatello, Idaho |
Dr. Altenburg and his staff are awesome. He has a warm and caring manner and listens to you. His credentials are impeccable and he did a great job on my right knee replacement and will do my left knee as soon as the right is totally healed. He and his staff get high marks.
in Pocatello,Idaho |
After a lot of study at the university of the internet I had determined the severe pain I had in my left leg was spinal stenosis. I was wrong! After after a few maneuvers it was clear it was a hip problem. Dr. Altenburg had X-rays that showed what the problem was. After explaining the alternatives for relief we decided to go for the hip replacement. Other the first two weeks I have nothing but praise for him. The pain is gone and I do everything I want to do. I have great respect for him.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I'm in my mid fifties, and had known for a number of years that a hip replacement was in my future. Several people recommended Dr. Altenberg for the procedure. Good call. From the initial exam and consultation to the post op visits, my experience was very positive. I went up a flight of stairs the day after replacement. After 25 years of pain, I feel like I got my life back, and my wife says even my mood has improved. Don't put this procedure off. Dr. Altenberg and his staff are on my hero list.
in Pocatello |
I had two total hip replacements in 2015.. he was very professional answered all our questions. Made me feel very comfortable and secure, I would recommend him most definitely - anyone. He is awesome...he has helped me get my life back..
in Malad City, ID |
My name is Dwight, after yrs of pain & no relief or solutions from other doctors was sent to Dr. Altenburg who replaced my hip and under his superior care I am doing great have a ways to go to full recovery but am already 100 times better. I would recommend Dr. Altenburg to anyone.
in Stone, ID |
I am 62 years old and with all the experiences I have had with Doctors, I have to say Dr. Altenburg was by far the best I have ever experienced. I had a bad knee problem and had went to the best in our area and the Park City area and no one knew how to help me or really cared about helping me. At our first visit he knew the problem and gave me the solution. My surgery with him and the care I received was so superior to anything I have ever experienced. I'm so glad I found him!!!!!
in Sugar City, ID |
Dr. Altenburg was AMAZING!!!! Having seen my mother go through three miserable hip replacements, my experience was much different. He replaced both my hips. One in Jan 2015 and the other in July 2015.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I was born with bi-lateral hip dysplasia; for the last 25 years I was mostly in severe pain. I had 2 unsuccessful surgeries in the 90's and spent nearly a year in bed - generally no relief. I was very hesitant to have more surgery, but life as it was, was nearly unbearable. To say the least, finding Dr. Altenburg was the best thing that's happened to me in many years - 2 replacements in 2 months and nearly new, with some residual pain!
Have you seen Dr. Aaron J. Altenburg, MD?
Are you Dr. Altenburg?

Compare Dr. Altenburg

Dr. Altenburg's Care Philosophy

I am incredibly excited to return to the Pacific Northwest and serve the South Eastern Idaho community. I specialize in total hip replacements, total knee replacements, uni or partial knee replacement and difficult revision hip and revision knee replacements. My training from the Mayo Clinic is a great foundation for my patients successful outcomes at Portneuf, but more importantly I believe in treating every patient equally and focusing on preserving a caring touch throughout your care.

Dr. Altenburg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Altenburg has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Altenburg's Board Certifications

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pyogenic Arthritis

Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2002

University Of Iowa

Completed in 2007

Mayo Clinic-Rochester

Completed in 2008

Dr. Altenburg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Altenburg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.