Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Aaron Affleck, MD
Dr. Aaron Affleck, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Idaho Falls, ID. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Affleck is affiliated with Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center and Mountain View Hospital.

2900 Valencia Dr

• Altius Health Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Learn about Dr. Affleck

I believe medicine is a partnership between doctor and patient. Much of my job is educating people as to what their condition is, and their treatment options. The ultimate decision on what treatment is done is up to the patient. I enjoy cataract surgery, tear duct surgery, and especially pediatric surgery - I find it very rewarding to straighten eyes on kids.

Dr. Affleck's Experience

Dr. Affleck's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Strabismus Surgery
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Finch University Of Health Sciences Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Sinai-Grace Hosp-Dmc-Wayne St U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Kresge Eye Inst-Detriot Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Affleck has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Affleck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Affleck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Affleck's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Affleck to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Affleck's Performance
in Idaho Falls, ID |
He did my cataracts- He is the best in town! His staff is friendly, and knowledgeable. They helped me even get some special funding to help with payments of surgery since I only have Medicare for coverage. Now, all my friends see him too.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
Good Doctor and staff. Would recommend him to everyone.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I would recommend them to everyone. Dr. Affleck and the Staff was so professional and happy. I did not have that quick-in, quick-out visit. In fact, on the phone they told me since I wanted to pick out glasses and a new patient exam it would take several hours. They all took their times, answered all my questions and were just honest! Thank you for the great visit!
Idaho Falls, ID |
Went with my mother to her appointment. Dr. did not seem to be sure of his decisions..Staff was totally rude and did not seem to care if we was there or not. I do not think my mom received good care.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
In addition to my appointment 6/5/17, I received a bill from CalPers, my medical carrier. Apparently Dr. Affleck's wife/office manager decided to bill my medical insurance instead of my VISION SERVICE PLAN, my eye plan.Considering she constantly complained about VSP when I was in there.I called her & asked why she did that.To get more money?She said "Well, you have diabetes &cataracts."I said "WHAT?! I do not have cataracts!Actually your husband said my eyes are very healthy!"She NEEDS to go!
in idaho falls, id |
The technician was HORRIBLE!! Gave me glasses i paid 400.00 for and can not wear she blamed me for choosing the wrong kind of frames, 2nd visit told me i needed Asian fit frames, 3rd visit said my ears were not even, 4 visit a new pair of glasses and told me i need to get use to them because I have never worn glasses that were designed just for me. It's been a yr I wear my old glasses and will never go here again. Watch out for her get your rx and run to another place to order them. Dr. great
in Idaho falls |
Never every will I go back. Officeven manager treated me like I knew nothing, and the address helping me was put down in front of me while she was doing an excellent job getting measurements and selecting glasses. She took over and the look of humiliation on that girls face reallt upset me. I was then told was a liar. 2 weeks later I got my glasses and lo and behold she had screwed them up and have yet to make it right. She has been rude and plain ignorant to her staff.
Idaho Falls, ID |
Absolute awful experience. The staff and manager here are horrible. They told me working with the insurance was my own responsibility after telling me the would do it initially. I will not be going back to Dr Affleck.
Idaho Falls, ID |
Dr Affleck, himself was good. However, his staff was not. After waiting nearly an entire hour in the exam room at our first appointment I was very frustrated. On top of that, they charged me $45 when I called to change a future appointment. The lack of consideration for my time, followed by a fine for "not recognizing the value of their time" was enough for me! I won't be returning.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
My son needed glasses badly and vision therapy both of which were prescribed by another eye doctor after Dr. Affleck told me his eyes were not getting worse so we could just keep watching it.....he was completely wrong and now my son still struggles because he was seeing with out both eyes for almost two years without proper treatment.
in Idaho Falls, ID |
I don't know what Luke H is talking about! My wife and I both did the RESTOR lenses, we see 20/20 both near and far. Dr. Affleck did my surgery last spring and my wife last fall. Dr. Affleck did the dropless cataract surgery that saves us each about $400. We received paperwork at our pre-operative exam that explained the cost of everything. Maybe Luke does not no how to read. I know I would pay anything for good vision and that is what my wife and I got. Dr. Affleck, thank you!
in Idaho falls, ID |
I had to pay for lenses out of pocket for cataract surgery. I knew and was ready for that. The price I was quoted and PAID ahead of time changed afterward and I was charged more even though part of my bill THAT THEY SENT me showed the original price I was quoted. I'm pissed. It was a $400 dollar mistake. When I called them about it they were quite rude, it took them weeks to figure it out, and the resulting answe was that Dr Affleck is sure he told me the higher price and I was wrong. Liars!
in Idaho Falls, ID |
The main office person is rude and impersonal. The doctor is incompetent and thinks his service is golden.
Have you seen Dr. Aaron Affleck, MD?
Are you Dr. Affleck?