Learn more about Pediatrics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A pediatrician specializes in the physical, developmental, emotional and social health needs of children from birth to 21 years. Pediatricians provide infants, children and adolescents with a wide scope of care that includes comprehensive well-child care as well as prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases and injuries.
A pediatrician typically:
- Examines the patient and evaluates their medical history
- Provides primary healthcare services and immunizations
- Provides health risk assessments and counseling
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic diseases and conditions
- Assesses growth and development
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests and prescribes medications
- Educates patients and their caretakers about wellness and disease prevention
- Consults with other members of the patient’s medical team
- Provides ongoing pediatric care in the doctor’s office, clinic and hospital
Pediatricians may also be known by the following names: pediatric physician, pediatric doctor, children’s doctor, primary care doctor, kids doctor, and primary care physician.
There are 88 specialists practicing Pediatrics in Pewaukee, WI with an overall average rating of 4.3 stars. There are 10 hospitals near Pewaukee, WI with affiliated Pediatrics specialists, including Waukesha Memorial Hospital, ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital and Froedtert Hospital and Medical College of Wisconsin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Pediatrics Specialist in Pewaukee, WI?
How can I find a Pewaukee, WI Pediatrics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Pediatrics Specialist in Pewaukee, WI?
How can I book an appointment online with a Pediatrics Specialist in Pewaukee, WI?
How can I find a Pewaukee, WI Pediatrics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Pediatrics Specialist in Pewaukee, WI?