Learn more about Pediatrics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A pediatrician specializes in the physical, developmental, emotional and social health needs of children from birth to 21 years. Pediatricians provide infants, children and adolescents with a wide scope of care that includes comprehensive well-child care as well as prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases and injuries.
A pediatrician typically:
- Examines the patient and evaluates their medical history
- Provides primary healthcare services and immunizations
- Provides health risk assessments and counseling
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic diseases and conditions
- Assesses growth and development
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests and prescribes medications
- Educates patients and their caretakers about wellness and disease prevention
- Consults with other members of the patient’s medical team
- Provides ongoing pediatric care in the doctor’s office, clinic and hospital
Pediatricians may also be known by the following names: pediatric physician, pediatric doctor, children’s doctor, primary care doctor, kids doctor, and primary care physician.
There are 5 specialists practicing Pediatrics in Natchitoches, LA with an overall average rating of 4.2 stars.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Pediatrics Specialist in Natchitoches, LA?
How can I find a Natchitoches, LA Pediatrics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Pediatrics Specialist in Natchitoches, LA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Pediatrics Specialist in Natchitoches, LA?
How can I find a Natchitoches, LA Pediatrics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Pediatrics Specialist in Natchitoches, LA?