Learn more about Pediatrics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A pediatrician specializes in the physical, developmental, emotional and social health needs of children from birth to 21 years. Pediatricians provide infants, children and adolescents with a wide scope of care that includes comprehensive well-child care as well as prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases and injuries.
A pediatrician typically:
- Examines the patient and evaluates their medical history
- Provides primary healthcare services and immunizations
- Provides health risk assessments and counseling
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic diseases and conditions
- Assesses growth and development
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests and prescribes medications
- Educates patients and their caretakers about wellness and disease prevention
- Consults with other members of the patient’s medical team
- Provides ongoing pediatric care in the doctor’s office, clinic and hospital
Pediatricians may also be known by the following names: pediatric physician, pediatric doctor, children’s doctor, primary care doctor, kids doctor, and primary care physician.
There are 151 specialists practicing Pediatrics in barksdale afb, LA with an overall average rating of 4.2 stars. There are 11 hospitals near barksdale afb, LA with affiliated Pediatrics specialists, including WK Bossier Health Center, WK Pierremont Health Center and Willis-Knighton South & the Center for Women's Health.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Pediatrics Specialist in barksdale afb, LA?
How can I find a barksdale afb, LA Pediatrics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Pediatrics Specialist in barksdale afb, LA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Pediatrics Specialist in barksdale afb, LA?
How can I find a barksdale afb, LA Pediatrics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Pediatrics Specialist in barksdale afb, LA?