Learn more about Pediatric Gastroenterologists and how to choose the right one for you
Learn more about Pediatric Gastroenterologists
Pediatric gastroenterologists specialize in diagnosing and treating digestive system and nutritional problems in children. The digestive system or gastrointestinal (GI) system includes the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. Pediatric gastroenterologists focus on the unique health needs of infants, children and teens with digestive problems. Children are not small adults. Their medical and emotional needs are different from adults’ needs.
A pediatric gastroenterologist typically:
- Evaluates your child’s medical history and helps you and your child understand digestive health
- Performs endoscopies, colonoscopies, and other imaging exams of the digestive tract
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and GI function studies
- Performs allergy testing and other procedures on the digestive system, such as biopsies, polyp removal, and placement of feeding tubes
- Diagnoses and treats digestive disorders including ulcers, reflux conditions, swallowing problems, bowel diseases, motility problems, liver disease, and nutritional problems
- Prescribes medications
A pediatric gastroenterologist may also be known by the following names: children’s gastroenterologist, GI for kids, pediatric GI doctor, or children’s GI specialist.
There are 0 specialists practicing Pediatric Gastroenterology in Wyoming.