Learn more about Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
Pediatric gastroenterologists specialize in diagnosing and treating digestive system and nutritional problems in children. The digestive system or gastrointestinal (GI) system includes the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. Pediatric gastroenterologists focus on the unique health needs of infants, children and teens with digestive problems. Children are not small adults. Their medical and emotional needs are different from adults’ needs.
A pediatric gastroenterologist typically:
- Evaluates your child’s medical history and helps you and your child understand digestive health
- Performs endoscopies, colonoscopies, and other imaging exams of the digestive tract
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and GI function studies
- Performs allergy testing and other procedures on the digestive system, such as biopsies, polyp removal, and placement of feeding tubes
- Diagnoses and treats digestive disorders including ulcers, reflux conditions, swallowing problems, bowel diseases, motility problems, liver disease, and nutritional problems
- Prescribes medications
A pediatric gastroenterologist may also be known by the following names: children’s gastroenterologist, GI for kids, pediatric GI doctor, or children’s GI specialist.
There are 24 specialists practicing Pediatric Gastroenterology in Saint Louis, MO with an overall average rating of 3.5 stars.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO?
How can I find a Saint Louis, MO Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO?
How can I book an appointment online with a Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO?
How can I find a Saint Louis, MO Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO?