Learn more about Pediatric Endocrinology Specialists
Pediatric endocrinologists specialize in diagnosing and treating hormone imbalances and other problems with your child’s endocrine glands. Endocrine glands include the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, ovaries or testicles, hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal glands. Pediatric endocrinologists understand how growth and development influence endocrine problems. Pediatric endocrinologists specialize in managing the unique health needs of children and teens with endocrine or glandular conditions, such as diabetes, growth disorders, and reproductive system problems.
A pediatric endocrinologist typically:
- Evaluates your child’s medical history and past test results
- Performs a physical exam
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests, hormone tests, and imaging exams
- Performs fine-needle aspirations
- Diagnoses and treats diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, growth problems, puberty problems, bone problems, thyroid disorders, and endocrine cancer
- Prescribes medications and radiation therapy
- Recommends surgery as needed
Pediatric endocrinologists may also be known by the following names: children’s endocrinologist and children’s diabetes doctor.
There are 7 specialists practicing Pediatric Endocrinology in Nevada with an overall average rating of 3.8 stars. There are 3 hospitals in Nevada with affiliated Pediatric Endocrinology specialists, including Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican - Siena Campus, Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Rose de Lima Campus - Henderson, NV and Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican Hospital, San Martin Campus.