Learn more about Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A developmental therapist (DT) is a healthcare provider who specializes in helping people with developmental delays, disabilities and challenges improve their cognitive, social, motor and functional skills. This includes walking, speaking, learning, playing, dressing, eating, working, and participating in hobbies. A DT helps patients of all ages adjust their environment and organize tasks to support their abilities.
A DT typically:
- Evaluates a patient's ability to perform developmental tasks and activities, and creates a customized treatment plan based on medical history, age, needs, and activity goals
- Performs home, school, and job site assessments
- Educates patients and teaches them the skills they need to participate in activities at home, school and work
- Recommends and provides training in the use of adaptive equipment, such as splints, bathing equipment, dressing devices, and ergonomic tools and utensils
- Provides support and guidance to family members, teachers, and other caregivers
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers, such as physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, doctors, psychologists, and social workers
A DT may also be known as a development therapist.
There are 11 specialists practicing Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics in Rancho Cordova, CA with an overall average rating of 4.1 stars. There is 1 hospital near Rancho Cordova, CA with affiliated Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics specialists, including Mercy Hospital Of Folsom.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA?
How can I find a Rancho Cordova, CA Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA?
How can I find a Rancho Cordova, CA Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA?