Learn more about Naturopathy Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A naturopath specializes in naturopathy or naturopathic medicine. Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine based on the principle of vis medicatrix naturae, or the healing power of nature and the human body. Depending on state regulations, a naturopath may be a naturopathic doctor, medical or osteopathic doctor (MD or DO), another licensed healthcare provider, or an unlicensed layperson.
A naturopath typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s health and illness holistically (as a whole)
- Conducts in-depth patient interviews to learn about a person’s lifestyle, diet, stress levels, exercise habits, environment, family history, and his or her mental, emotional and spiritual state
- Performs a physical exam
- Educates patients about health and wellness
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and imaging exams if licensed to do so by the state
- Prescribes medications if licensed to do so by the state
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal and restore itself to health
- Prevents illness by identifying risk factors for disease and intervening to reduce risk
- Treats the patient holistically (as a whole) to individualize therapy
- Diagnoses and treats the cause of disease rather than focusing on the symptoms of a disease
A naturopath may also be known by the following names: naturopathic doctor (ND), traditional naturopath, or naturopathic practitioner.
There are 2 specialists practicing Naturopathy in Saint Albans, VT.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Naturopathy Specialist in Saint Albans, VT?
How can I find a Saint Albans, VT Naturopathy Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Naturopathy Specialist in Saint Albans, VT?
How can I book an appointment online with a Naturopathy Specialist in Saint Albans, VT?
How can I find a Saint Albans, VT Naturopathy Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Naturopathy Specialist in Saint Albans, VT?