Learn more about Naturopathy Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A naturopath specializes in naturopathy or naturopathic medicine. Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine based on the principle of vis medicatrix naturae, or the healing power of nature and the human body. Depending on state regulations, a naturopath may be a naturopathic doctor, medical or osteopathic doctor (MD or DO), another licensed healthcare provider, or an unlicensed layperson.
A naturopath typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s health and illness holistically (as a whole)
- Conducts in-depth patient interviews to learn about a person’s lifestyle, diet, stress levels, exercise habits, environment, family history, and his or her mental, emotional and spiritual state
- Performs a physical exam
- Educates patients about health and wellness
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and imaging exams if licensed to do so by the state
- Prescribes medications if licensed to do so by the state
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal and restore itself to health
- Prevents illness by identifying risk factors for disease and intervening to reduce risk
- Treats the patient holistically (as a whole) to individualize therapy
- Diagnoses and treats the cause of disease rather than focusing on the symptoms of a disease
A naturopath may also be known by the following names: naturopathic doctor (ND), traditional naturopath, or naturopathic practitioner.
There are 725 specialists practicing Naturopathy in Portland, OR with an overall average rating of 4.5 stars. There are 10 hospitals near Portland, OR with affiliated Naturopathy specialists, including Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center, Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center and Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Naturopathy Specialist in Portland, OR?
How can I find a Portland, OR Naturopathy Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Naturopathy Specialist in Portland, OR?
How can I book an appointment online with a Naturopathy Specialist in Portland, OR?
How can I find a Portland, OR Naturopathy Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Naturopathy Specialist in Portland, OR?