Learn more about Hospice & Palliative Medicine Specialists
A hospice and palliative medicine doctor cares for the health needs of people with serious and terminal illnesses. They provide comfort to people with physical or emotional pain and suffering. Palliative care doctors focus on improving the quality of life for people with serious illnesses during and after treatment. Hospice doctors provide end-of-life care, including pain relief and other comfort measures for people with terminal illnesses who are no longer seeking curative treatment.
A hospice and palliative medicine doctor typically:
- Evaluates your medical history
- Provides relief from symptoms including pain, anxiety and fatigue from serious and terminal illnesses
- Prescribes medications
- Coordinates your care with other doctors and healthcare providers
- Assists you and your family in making difficult medical treatment decisions
- Provides access to emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support
A hospice and palliative medicine doctor may also be known by the following names: hospice doctor, palliative medicine doctor, or palliative care doctor.
There are 30 specialists practicing Hospice & Palliative Medicine in Delaware with an overall average rating of 3.4 stars. There are 10 hospitals in Delaware with affiliated Hospice & Palliative Medicine specialists, including Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital, Beebe Medical Center and Nanticoke Memorial Hospital.