Special Advertising Section
5 Sensitive Skin Products That Work for Kids and Adults
- Save your skin–and your money.Shopping for sensitive skin products can get expensive when you’re buying separate skincare for the kids and adults in your family. The good news is there are many products on the market that do double duty and will work for everyone in your household. Since babies’ and children’s skin is more fragile and not as good at handling allergens and irritants than adult skin, any product you use for kids will work well for grown-up sensitive skin, too. Try this one-stop shopping list to say goodbye to sensitive skin issues and hello to saving money by consolidating products.
- 1. Body WashThe first line of defense for sensitive skin is your cleanser. Since millions of Americans have sensitive skin, protecting your skin from harsh cleansers is important. Using a kid-friendly body wash is a cost-effective way to protect your entire household’s sensitive skin. Check out Beautycounter’s Super-Duper Clean Kids Body Wash. This product is totally free of toxins and chemicals that can irritate your skin. As a bonus, their special gluten- and nut-free formula includes nourishing fruit extracts that make it smell like fresh berries.
- 2. ShampooYou may not think of shampoo as skincare. But when you rinse it out of your hair, you’re likely to get shampoo on your eyelids, face, and upper body. That’s why it’s important for people with sensitive skin to use shampoo that doesn’t contain phthalates, parabens, dyes, or sulfates. Johnson’s Baby Shampoo is a classic that meets sensitive skin needs and will keep your skin soothed and your hair and scalp clean. Don’t let the name deter you–this shampoo makes adult hair baby-soft, and is beloved by parents and babies alike.
- 3. Laundry DetergentAfter giving your sensitive skin lots of love, don’t ruin that great feeling by putting on clothing that’s been washed with a normal detergent. The laundry detergent you use on your clothing, bedding, and even stuffed animals can be the culprit that irritates sensitive skin the most. Look for detergents that are free from perfumes and dyes, like ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive Skin Laundry Detergent. ARM & HAMMER™ has a full line of Sensitive Skin options from liquids to paks. Switching your laundry detergent could benefit both you and your loved ones and make everyone’s skin feel happy.
- 4. MoisturizerOn your skincare journey, you may notice many products marketed for kids can also benefit adults with sensitive skin. This is especially true for one of the most important steps towards caring for your skin: moisturizing. Make sure your skin is hydrated and protected with Sebamed Baby Cream. This extra soft, thick moisturizer takes care of a wide range of skin treatments, serving as a diaper rash cream, an eczema soother, and an all-day moisturizer for adults. Experts recommend using high-oil content moisturizer daily to protect your skin barrier; Sebamed Baby Cream is ideal because it features a water-in-oil emulsion made up of 42% oil content to hydrate your skin.
- 5. SunscreenIt’s important for adults and kids to get their daily dose of vitamin D, but it’s also essential that we protect sensitive skin with an effective sunscreen. Babyganics SPF 50+ Sunscreen Stick makes application easy for parents and children. This sunscreen features broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and includes powerful sunblockers like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Plus, it’s tear-free, so it can go on any part of your or your baby’s body.
Products for Sensitive Skin | Sensitive Skin