Health Stories Content Guidelines
In all of its facets—from the doctor’s office to your dinner table--health is innately personal. With Health Stories, we can empower each other by sharing our first-hand experiences with healthcare’s best and brightest: the treatments, the hospitals and, most importantly, the providers who dedicate their lives to improving the health of ours.
We hope you feel inspired by hearing from people like you—and that you’ll share your own Health Story with our community. We want to publish your story, but there are a few guidelines to follow. Here are a few tips about what we’re looking for:
· Details about your personal health journey, specifically a condition you have faced, a diagnosis you currently live with, or a procedure you have undergone. We want to know about the challenges you’ve faced, the lessons you’ve learned and how your team of healthcare professionals has helped you along the way.
· Stories and advice that would help someone who is going through a similar health situation. What do you wish someone had told you at the start of your experience? If you could write a letter to someone who’s just been diagnosed with your condition or is about to undergo the same procedure, what would you say?
· Spotlights on the doctors, nurses, surgeons or other providers whom you believe deserve special recognition. At the end of the day, healthcare is about relationships with real people, and we want to hear about the people who stood out in your experience.
· Keep in mind that submitting a story doesn't necessarily mean it will appear on the site. The Healthgrades editorial team has sole discretion for what will and will not be published. Healthgrades may, at any time, reject or remove any content from the site for any reason.
Please know that we will not publish stories that violate any of our terms and conditions. Healthgrades will not permit certain types of content at any time, including but not limited to the following:
· Hateful or vulgar language
· Misleading, deceptive or fraudulent content
· Illegal, controversial, or objectionable activities
· Content that discriminates against, ridicules or disparages an individual or group on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or any other status that the Healthgrades editorial team deems inappropriate
· Marketing material that directly advertises a service or a product
· Personal information including but not limited to phone number, address and email address
· Personal website links or mentions
· Mentions or endorsements of specific brands, including pharmaceuticals
· Content that mentions another person or potential patient by full name
· Pictures that you do not have the rights to use or distribute; or inappropriate pictures or videos
· Content that is deemed unproductive, off-topic or inappropriate
· Content that is deemed obscene or graphic
· Mentions of legal matters or proceedings
Healthgrades has established these Health Stories Guidelines for content submitted by users to be displayed on our site. Healthgrades may change or update this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the site. Healthgrades has and retains sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpreting and enforcing this policy.
The Healthgrades editorial team reserves the right to determine the types of content that it will accept and display. However, the acceptance, publishing and display of this content will in no event be deemed an endorsement of any product or service or endorsement of any medical procedure, nor will it be deemed medical advice or a medical opinion.