Learn more about Gastroenterology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A gastroenterologist specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, or digestive system. This includes the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. A GI specialist focuses on the health needs of adults with digestive problems.
A gastroenterologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s medical history and educates the patient about digestive health and disease prevention
- Performs colonoscopies, endoscopies, and other imaging exams of the digestive tract
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and GI function studies
- Prescribes medications
- Screens, treats and monitors GI cancers
- Diagnoses and treats digestive disorders including ulcers, reflux conditions, bowel diseases, motility problems, and liver disease
- Performs endoscopic procedures on the digestive system, such as biopsies, polyp removal, intestinal dilation, placement of drainage tubes, and tumor removal without surgery
A gastroenterologist may also be known by the following names: GI specialist, GI doctor, or stomach doctor.
There are 12 specialists practicing Gastroenterology in Corpus Christi, TX with an overall average rating of 3.1 stars. There are 5 hospitals near Corpus Christi, TX with affiliated Gastroenterology specialists, including CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Memorial, Corpus Christi Medical Center - Bay Area and CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Shoreline.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Gastroenterology Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX?
How can I find a Corpus Christi, TX Gastroenterology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Gastroenterology Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX?
How can I book an appointment online with a Gastroenterology Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX?
How can I find a Corpus Christi, TX Gastroenterology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Gastroenterology Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX?