Learn more about Marriage & Family Therapy Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A marriage and family therapist specializes in diagnosing and treating mental, emotional, and substance-related problems in the context of families and relationships. A marriage and family therapist focuses on the well-being of individuals, couples and families. Marriage and family therapists help people of all ages deal with psychological problems, relationship problems, and life crises.
In providing care, a marriage and family therapist typically:
- Gathers information about a client’s or family’s medical history, mental health status, living situation, employment or school status and performance, and history of substance abuse treatment
- Devises a treatment plan to determine an individual’s or family’s particular support needs during treatment
- Provides talk therapy for individuals, couples, families and groups
- Helps manage medication usage (with supervision from a doctor, such as a primary care doctor or psychiatrist), helps determine if the medication is working, and monitors side effects
- Consults with other members of a patient’s or family’s support team including doctors, social workers, home healthcare nurses, lawyers, welfare care workers, occupational therapists, and substance abuse counselors
Marriage and family therapists may also be known by the following names: MFT, marriage and family counselors; marriage, family and child counselors; couples counselors; couples therapists; and marital and family therapists.
There are 3 specialists practicing Marriage & Family Therapy in Greensboro, GA with an overall average rating of 5.0 stars.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist in Greensboro, GA?
How can I find a Greensboro, GA Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist in Greensboro, GA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist in Greensboro, GA?
How can I find a Greensboro, GA Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist in Greensboro, GA?
- Specialty: Clinical Social Work803 S Main StGreensboro, GA 306420.6 mi away
- Offers Telehealth
- Easy scheduling
- Employs friendly staff
- Specialty: Marriage & Family Therapy1040 Silver DrGreensboro, GA 306421.0 mi away
Need a Telehealth Visit?Healthgrades Can Help.
Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.Find a Telehealth Doctor
- Specialty: Marriage & Family Therapy1024 Founders RowGreensboro, GA 306429.1 mi away