Learn more about Endodontics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
An endodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions of the dental pulp, tooth root, and surrounding tissues. The dental pulp is the soft connective tissue inside a tooth that contains blood vessels and nerves. An endodontist is a root canal specialist. The overall goal of endodontists is to help people retain their natural teeth with preventive care and endodontic surgery.
An endodontist typically:
- Evaluates the patient's dental and medical history and performs a dental and oral exam
- Teaches patients about dental and oral conditions and diseases, good oral hygiene, and oral disease prevention
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests such as X-rays
- Prescribes medications including antibiotics and pain medications
- Diagnoses diseases and conditions of the dental pulp, tooth root, and tissue surrounding the root
- Treats various diseases affecting dental pulp and root of the tooth including pulp infections and cracked teeth
- Administers anesthesia and performs root canals, tooth extractions, and endodontic surgery
- Makes referrals to and collaborates with other dental specialists to ensure optimal care
An endodontist may also be known by the following terms: dentist, root canal dentist, root canal doctor, or root canal specialist.
There are 36 specialists practicing Endodontics in Raleigh, NC with an overall average rating of 4.5 stars. There are 2 hospitals near Raleigh, NC with affiliated Endodontics specialists, including WakeMed Raleigh Campus and Wakemed Cary Hospital.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Endodontics Specialist in Raleigh, NC?
How can I find a Raleigh, NC Endodontics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Endodontics Specialist in Raleigh, NC?
How can I book an appointment online with a Endodontics Specialist in Raleigh, NC?
How can I find a Raleigh, NC Endodontics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Endodontics Specialist in Raleigh, NC?