Rescon GG Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride
Refer to the “Also Known As” section to reference different products that include the same medication as Rescon GG.
Brand Name: Rescon GG
Generic Name: GUAIFENESIN AND PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE
Drug Type: HUMAN OTC DRUG
Dosage Form: LIQUID
Data Current As Of: 2018-10-07
active ingredients (in each 5 ml teaspoonful)
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl Nasal decongestant
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to:
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes sinus drainage
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s Disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this drug.
ask a doctor before use if you have
when using this product
do not exceed the recommended dosage
stop use & ask a doctor if
if pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
keep out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|Adults and children over 12 years of age||2 teaspoonsful (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 teaspoonsful (5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age||1/2 teaspoonsful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children under 2 years of age||Ask your doctor|
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- store at 20°- 25°C (68°- 77°F)
- tamper evident: do not use if foil seal under the cap is broken or missing.
- contains less than 1 mg sodium in each 5 mL teaspoonful
artificial flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sorbitol, and sugar.
questions or comments
Serious side effects may be reported to this number, call (817) 595-5820 (8 am to 5 pm CST).
also known as
- AuroMucus - Childrens Stuffy Nose and Cold (solution)
- Childrens Mucinex Stuffy Nose and Cold (solution)
- CVS - Childrens Stuffy Nose and Cold (solution)
- Deconex IR (tablet)
- Duravent PE (tablet)
- Gilphex TR (tablet)
- Mucinex Childrens Stuffy Nose and Chest Congestion (solution)
- Mucus Relief PE (tablet, film coated)
- Mucus Relief PE Sinus Congestion (tablet, film coated)
- Mucus Relief Sinus (tablet, film coated)
- Non-Drying Sinus PE (tablet, film coated)
- Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief PE (tablet)
- Sinus Relief PE Maximum Strength (tablet)
- Sunmark Chest Congestion Relief PE PE (tablet)
- SUPRESS-PE Pediatric (solution/ drops)