PREPARATION H Maximum Strength glycerin, petrolatum, phenylephrine HCl, pramoxine HCl
Refer to the “Also Known As” section to reference different products that include the same medication as PREPARATION H Maximum Strength.
Brand Name: PREPARATION H MAXIMUM STRENGTH
Generic Name: GLYCERIN, PETROLATUM, PHENYLEPHRINE HCL, PRAMOXINE HCL
Drug Type: HUMAN OTC DRUG
Dosage Form: CREAM
Data Current As Of: 2018-10-07
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
|Pramoxine HCl 1%||Local anesthetic|
|White petrolatum 15%||Protectant|
- for temporary relief of pain, soreness and burning
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external use only
ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
when using this product
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
stop use & ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- an allergic reaction develops
- the symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms develop or increase
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying cream.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply externally or in the lower portion of the anal canal only
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- for application in the lower anal canal: remove cover from dispensing cap. Attach dispensing cap to tube. Lubricate dispensing cap well, then gently insert dispensing cap partway into the anus.
- thoroughly cleanse dispensing cap after each use and replace cover
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anhydrous citric acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cetyl alcohol, citric acid monohydrate, dexpanthenol, edetate disodium, glyceryl monostearate, methylparaben, mineral oil, polyoxyl lauryl ether, polyoxyl stearyl ether, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate, stearyl alcohol, tocopherols excipient, vitamin E acetate, xanthan gum
questions or comments?
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374.
For most recent product information, visit www.preparationh.com.
also known as
- CVS Health Hemorrhoidal Cream (cream)
- CVS Hemorrhoidal (cream)
- Equaline Hemorrhoidal (cream)
- equate hemorrhoidal (cream)
- Family Wellness (cream)
- Good Sense Hemorrhoidal Maximum Strength Pain Relief (cream)
- Hemorrhoidal (cream)
- hemorrhoidal maximum strength pain relief (cream)
- Leader (cream)
- Signature Care Hemorrhoidal (cream)
- Up and Up Hemorrhoidal (cream)