Refer to the “Also Known As” section to reference different products that include the same medication as Azulfidine.
Brand Name: Azulfidine
Generic Name: SULFASALAZINE
Drug Type: HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG
Dosage Form: TABLET
Data Current As Of: 2020-03-02
indications & usage
AZULFIDINE Tablets are indicated:
- a)in the treatment of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis, and as adjunctive therapy in severe ulcerative colitis; and
- b)for the prolongation of the remission period between acute attacks of ulcerative colitis.
AZULFIDINE Tablets are contraindicated in:
- Patients with intestinal or urinary obstruction,
- Patients with porphyria as sulfonamides have been reported to precipitate an acute attack,
- Patients hypersensitive to sulfasalazine, its metabolites, sulfonamides, or salicylates.
drug abuse & dependence
This product's label may have been updated. For current full prescribing information, please visit www.pfizer.com.
Revised August 2019