Refer to the “Also Known As” section to reference different products that include the same medication as antibiotic.
Brand Name: antibiotic
Generic Name: BACITRACIN
Drug Type: HUMAN OTC DRUG
Dosage Form: OINTMENT
Data Current As Of: 2018-10-06
active ingredient (each gram contains)
Bacitracin 500 units
First aid antibiotic
first aid to help prevent infection in:
- minor cuts
For external use only
do not use
- in the eyes
- over large areas of the body
- if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
ask a doctor before use if you have
- deep or puncture wounds
- animal bites
- serious burns
stop use & ask a doctor if
- you need to use longer than 1 week
- condition persists or gets worse
- rash or other allergic reaction develops
keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- clean the affected area
- apply a small amount of this product (an amount equal to the surface area of the tip of a finger) on the area 1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
light mineral oil, white petrolatum
questions or comments?
also known as