Refer to the “Also Known As” section to reference different products that include the same medication as ALBENDAZOLE.
Brand Name: ALBENDAZOLE
Generic Name: ALBENDAZOLE
Drug Type: HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG
Dosage Form: TABLET
Data Current As Of: 2019-08-26
recent major changes
Warnings and Precautions,
Embryo-Fetal Toxicity (5.2) 07/2019
indications & usage
Albendazole is an anthelmintic drug indicated for:
Albendazole tablets are indicated for the treatment of parenchymal neurocysticercosis due to active lesions caused by larval forms of the pork tapeworm, Taenia solium.
Albendazole tablets are indicated for the treatment of cystic hydatid disease of the liver, lung, and peritoneum, caused by the larval form of the dog tapeworm, Echinococcus granulosus.
patient counseling information
Patients should be advised that:
- Some people, particularly children, may experience difficulties swallowing the albendazole tablets whole.
- Take albendazole tablets with food.
- Advise pregnant women and females of reproductive potential of the potential risk to the fetus. Advise females to inform their prescriber of a known or suspected pregnancy [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2), Use in Specific Populations (8.1) ].
- Advise females of reproductive potential to use effective contraception during treatment with albendazole tablets and for 3 days after the final dose [see Use in Specific Populations (8.3) ].
- During albendazole tablets therapy, monitor blood counts and liver enzymes every 2 weeks because of the possibility of harm to the liver or bone marrow [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5) ].
Cipla Ltd. Indore SEZ,
Cipla USA, Inc.
1560 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway,
Suite 130, Sunrise, FL 33323
package label.principal display panel
Albendazole Tablets, USP 200 mg
Each Film coated tablets contain Albendaozle USP, 200 mg
also known as