Learn more about Dietetics Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A dietitian is a healthcare provider who specializes in promoting optimal health and preventing and treating diseases through the science of nutrition. In fact, some dietitians use ‘registered dietitian nutritionist’ (RDN) as a professional title to reflect their specialty. They use food and nutrition to help people of all ages manage their weight, medical conditions, food allergies, and wellness. Dietitians work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, food service settings, education, research, and community agencies.
A dietitian typically:
- Reviews and evaluates a patient’s health history, current diet, and physical activity practices
- Teaches and counsels patients and caregivers about healthy eating habits, menu planning, and lifestyle choices
- Recommends nutrition strategies, monitors your progress, and adjusts your nutrition plan
- Designs and implements medical nutrition therapy including diet supplementation, feeding tube nutrition, and intravenous (IV) nutrition
- Orders and interprets nutrition-related laboratory tests
- Works closely with a patient’s entire medical team, as well as with family members, social workers, and teachers as needed
- Advises athletes and other exercise-conscious people about the role food and nutrition plays in their fitness, performance, and overall health
- Oversees food service operations in hospitals and other healthcare facilities, school cafeterias, day care centers, food corporations, and correctional facilities
A dietitian may also be known by the following names: registered dietitian (RD), nutritionist, registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN), nutrition counselor, and dietetic counselor.
There are 894 specialists practicing Dietetics in Brooklyn, NY with an overall average rating of 4.4 stars. There are 33 hospitals near Brooklyn, NY with affiliated Dietetics specialists, including NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Lenox Hill Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Dietetics Specialist in Brooklyn, NY?
How can I find a Brooklyn, NY Dietetics Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Dietetics Specialist in Brooklyn, NY?
How can I book an appointment online with a Dietetics Specialist in Brooklyn, NY?
How can I find a Brooklyn, NY Dietetics Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Dietetics Specialist in Brooklyn, NY?