Learn more about Dermatology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A dermatologist specializes in the medical and surgical care of the skin, hair and nails for people of all ages. A dermatologist diagnoses and treats many diseases, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, nail infections, hair loss, and skin cancer. Dermatologists may also perform cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of the skin.
A dermatologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient's medical history and educates the patient about skin care, disease prevention, and overall wellness
- Performs skin tests and skin cancer screenings including mole checks and skin biopsies
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and prescribes medications
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic diseases and conditions that affect a person's skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes lining the nose and mouth
- Performs surgical procedures
Dermatologists may also be known as a skin doctor, skin specialist, or skin cancer doctor.
There are 35 specialists practicing Dermatology in Augusta, GA with an overall average rating of 4.0 stars. There are 4 hospitals near Augusta, GA with affiliated Dermatology specialists, including Augusta University Medical Center, University Hospital and Marshall Medical Center South.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Dermatology Specialist in Augusta, GA?
How can I find a Augusta, GA Dermatology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Dermatology Specialist in Augusta, GA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Dermatology Specialist in Augusta, GA?
How can I find a Augusta, GA Dermatology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Dermatology Specialist in Augusta, GA?