Learn more about Dermatology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A dermatologist specializes in the medical and surgical care of the skin, hair and nails for people of all ages. A dermatologist diagnoses and treats many diseases, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, nail infections, hair loss, and skin cancer. Dermatologists may also perform cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of the skin.
A dermatologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient's medical history and educates the patient about skin care, disease prevention, and overall wellness
- Performs skin tests and skin cancer screenings including mole checks and skin biopsies
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and prescribes medications
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic diseases and conditions that affect a person's skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes lining the nose and mouth
- Performs surgical procedures
Dermatologists may also be known as a skin doctor, skin specialist, or skin cancer doctor.
There are 59 specialists practicing Dermatology in Danville, CA with an overall average rating of 4.1 stars. There are 13 hospitals near Danville, CA with affiliated Dermatology specialists, including John Muir Health, Walnut Creek Medical Center, San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Dermatology Specialist in Danville, CA?
How can I find a Danville, CA Dermatology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Dermatology Specialist in Danville, CA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Dermatology Specialist in Danville, CA?
How can I find a Danville, CA Dermatology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Dermatology Specialist in Danville, CA?