Dr. William Marshall, DMD

Dr. William Marshall, DMD

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. William Marshall, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Simpsonville, SC and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Medical University of South Carolina in 2010 and practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

551 Harrison Bridge Rd

Simpsonville, SC 29680

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Marshall

Dr. Marshall's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Marshall "Hello friends! My name is William Marshall (but my friends call me "Sandy"), and I'm an orthodontist in my hometown of Simpsonville, SC. Thank you for visiting our website. I hope you'll find the information here helpful, and I would encourage you to look around! But before you do, let me share a little bit about myself. I came to Simpsonville, SC, in 1991 when my family moved for my dad's job at Michelin. I grew up attending Simpsonville Elementary, then Bryson Middle, and finally Hillcrest High. Highlights of these years included lots of soccer, paintball, backyard Wiffle ball, and – as you might have guessed – braces! I remember being hesitant at first, but my best memory is of how my crossbite and spaced-out teeth were gradually transformed into a confident smile I was proud of. Thanks, Mom and Dad! After high school, I stayed close to home and spent the next four years at Furman University (Go Paladins!). I spent the first few years of college unsure about what I wanted to do after graduation. It wasn't until the end of my junior year that I decided to go to dental school. I reasoned that it fit well with my academic strengths, and that it was a great way to help people feel good about themselves. When I began dental school at the Medical University of South Carolina, I knew very quickly that I wanted to become an orthodontist. Not only did I enjoy orthodontics, but I remembered the positive and lasting impact that braces had on my own life. I completed a two-year orthodontics residency at the University of Detroit-Mercy, where I studied braces, Invisalign, and surgical orthodontics. After finishing my formal education, I'm proud to say that I became a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. Since 2012, I've been privileged to work with thousands of patients in six separate orthodontics offices. I've collaborated with many dentists, oral surgeons, and other specialists, all in pursuit of giving the best orthodontic care possible. Plainly stated, I love my job as a Simpsonville, SC, orthodontist, and I love going the extra mile for my patients. I love that each person's teeth are a puzzle and that none of the puzzles are identical. More than anything, though, I love seeing the transformation that braces can bring in someone's life. This transformation is not just in outward appearance, but more importantly, in confidence and self-esteem! When I'm not working to improve lives through my role as an orthodontist in Simpsonville, SC, you can find me living life to the fullest! Whether it's playing sports, having fun at the lake with my friends and family, or training (sort of) for the next 10k race, I enjoy being active when not practicing orthodontics. I also strive to be a lifelong learner, which means that I'm best friends with Wikipedia, TED Talks, and Khan Academy. Some of my other passions include the Carolina Panthers, encouraging people to work toward financial independence, doing my best to treat others the way Jesus would treat them, and helping people feel great about themselves."

This content was provided by Dr. Marshall "Stated simply, our goal at Marshall Orthodontics in Simpsonville, SC, is to treat you like a member of the family – with dignity, respect, and the best orthodontic care. We believe in patient autonomy, which means that our role is primarily one of education, rather than influence, in helping you decide if and when orthodontic treatment is right for you or your child.

To this end, our first job is to listen to your specific concerns. After listening, we will review these concerns with you, as well as make you aware of any additional issues uncovered during your orthodontic consultation. The final step in this process is to provide you with all available orthodontic treatment options. We will thoroughly explain the pros and cons of each option and educate you on what we believe is the best treatment for your specific situation.

We strive to make you confident and comfortable with your decision, and we hope that you will appreciate our straightforward approach to your orthodontic care!"

2  Practice Areas

• Canine Teeth, Absence Upper Permanent
  • Crooked Teeth
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Misaligned Teeth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Furman University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Medical University of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • University of Detroit Mercy
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Marshall has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marshall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marshall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marshall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marshall to family and friends

Dr. Marshall's Performance

Dr Marshall and his staff are amazing! I would highly recommend them!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
What can I say about Dr. Marshall and his staff...they are AWESOME! This was my daughter's first time getting braces as she had become self-conscience of her smile. Beth was amazing and made us feel like family from the start. She was very accessible through email, text, you name it she was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Friendly and caring staff. I felt welcome and everything was explained prior, during, and after to ensure my understanding and comfort. Also, payment and suited my parents budget. Thanks Dr. Marshall and staff. Amber and the Goolsby's
Are you Dr. Marshall?