Dr. Westcott Samford, DDS

Dr. Westcott Samford, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Westcott Samford, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Mountain Brk, AL and has been practicing for 45 years. He practices dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and more.Read his story

Mountain Brook Smiles

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Samford

Dr. Samford's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Samford "Born in Opelika, I have always lived in Alabama. I've been privileged to take care of my patients' dental health in Birmingham for over 40 years. During that time, I have shared my knowledge and experience as a lecturer, and consulted with other dentists on ways to provide the best in dental care. I also have enjoyed teaching at UAB Dental School.My father was a physician, and I always knew I wanted to be in the health field. The exciting changes and challenges in dentistry helped me decide on dentistry as my profession. After receiving a Bachelor's degree from Auburn University, I earned my dental degree at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.I was honored to be selected as one of America's Top Dentists by the Consumer's Research Council of America. I am a member of the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration, the American Academy of General Dentistry, The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentist, and the American Dental Association. When I am not in the office, I enjoy exercising, water skiing, and traveling. I am happily married to the former, Joy Burttram. I have two sons James and Christopher. My oldest, James, is a dentist and his wife, Abnous, is an optometrist. Together they have two beautiful children, Cameron and Winn. My youngest son, Christopher, is a mechanical engineer with Stewart Machinery and is married to Shawna whose field is in Human Resources. I am very proud of all them and pleased that they all live here in Birmingham. "

This content was provided by Dr. Samford "We feel there is no reason you should not have the healthy, attractive smile you want. With our menu of spa amenities, we can ease away any fears you may have of the dental experience. Using the best skills and technology available in dentistry today, we can help create the healthy and beautiful smile you deserve. Finally, with financial arrangements, this goal can be attainable for most everyone."

4  Practice Areas

• Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Laser Dentistry
  • Reconstructive Dentistry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Auburn University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1969
  • University of Alabama At Birmingham / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1973

Dr. Samford has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Samford has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dental Practice Administration, Member
  • American Academy of General Dentistry, Member
  • American Dental Association, Member
  • The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentist, Member
Request an Appointment

Dr. Samford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Samford to family and friends
146 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Samford's Performance

Courteous and patient when explaining everythingg
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option5