Dr. Wendy Willoughby, DDS

Dr. Wendy Willoughby, DDS

Dentistry  |

Dr. Wendy D. Willoughby is a General Dentist serving the Asheville area for more than 25 years. Dr. Willoughby is experienced in Dental Cleaning And Examinations, Dental Implants and General Dentistry. She is a professional member of the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Wendy Willoughby was also awarded the Patients' Choice Award (2012), Certified in Implantology, in Pinhole Surgical Technique and in CEREC Digital Dentistry.

Chestnut Family Dentistry

192 E Chestnut St

Asheville, NC 28801

• Accepts most major dental plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Willoughby

Patient Testimonials

Had an emergency appointment for a cracked tooth. They fit me in the next day and I am ready to go the same day. Dr Willoughby always takes as much time as needed to do the job right and with NO pain!! I recommend her to anyone and everyone!
I love going to the dentist...now! Everyone at Chestnut Family Dentistry is like family to me. They really care about you.
After years of displeasure with dental care, I have found a group of professionals who listen, engage me in the process and are very focused on making the process pleasant. Every procedure is carefully explained. Every single person in this practice demonstrates through their actions that they are very intent on every aspect of patient satisfaction. You are made to feel part of the process. The office is clean, modern and comfortable. They are always prompt and respect the value of your time. After many years of avoiding dental care because of the discomforts involved, I now visit Dr. Bare and her staff without apprehension. I have a bright new smile, a much healthier mouth, and far less day to day discomfort. I very highly recommend these folks. After a full year of care, I could not be more satisfied.

Dr. Wendy Willoughby has a neighborhood family oriented general dental practice located near downtown Asheville on Chestnut Street. We are committed to providing the highest quality dental care in a beautiful pleasant atmosphere that will take your breath away as soon as you walk in our door. We have the latest up to date technology you can find in a general dental practice. What that means for our patients is that we can take x-rays with a machine that goes around the outside of your head, so no more painful hard sensors in your mouth, you simple stand in a machine and let it do its job. This Planmeca 3D Cone Beam Machine has the lowest dose radiation output of any other machine on the market today. With this new 3D Cone Beam Machine we can place implants in the exact position for a perfect restoration right in our own office. No more referrals to oral surgeons or periodontist, specialist that you don’t know and don’t have a relationship with.

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Sleep Apnea Treatment
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Treatment

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - DDS
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • University Of North Carolina

Dr. Willoughby has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Willoughby has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Willoughby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Willoughby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Willoughby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Willoughby to family and friends
Dr. Willoughby's Performance
very professional and has made special efforts to meet our special needs.
Dr. Bare is wonderful. She takes time to explain what is needed and what she is doing. She cares about how you are feeling. She supports your decisions that you make about your treatment options.
Everyone on Dr. Willoughby's staff was wonderful! They all made me feel completely at ease and dispelled any fears I came in with due to some past experiences. I like that she takes a minimalist approach and all recommendations were doable even on a limited budget. I will definitely be back to complete my treatment plan with Dr. Willoughby's office. Thank you!
very competent
I have been seeing Dr. Willoughby since she opened her practice. She has always been very understanding regarding my "anxiety" during dental procedures. She and her staff are very kind, gentle and professional. I highly recommend.
Amazing experience , all around. Dr. Willoughby is patient, kind and gentle. The whole team at Chestnut Family Dentistry are friendly, welcoming and professional. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
they take the time to work with my anxiety and always make me feel comfortable
Dr. Willoughby and her staff are very caring, professional, and attentive. They strive to ensure you are comfortable and as pain-free as possible during procedures. Dr. Willoughby's attention to detail and desire to give the patient a great outcome make you feel assured you are in good hands.
I have been coming to Dr. Willoughby for 10 years and have been very satisfied with the diagnosis and work done by she and her staff. My own dental health has improved since coming to the Chestnut Family Dentistry office.
I had a broken tooth and was seen right away. I also had two crowns placed.
Our entire extended family have been patients of Dr. Willoughby for more than a decade. Our care has been exceptional. Dr. Willoughby provides great preventative care and education at each appointment. Her office strives to make your dental experience comfortable from the time you arrive until you leave. We are always greeted in a friendly and caring manner by her staff who go out of their way to make your appointment a positive experience. Her dental assistants are well...
Wendy and co. have always been great for me - highly recommended!
The procedure was explained, all my questions were answered often before I asked them, my comfort was a foremost consideration, and the procedure went smoothly. This has been my experience here on multiple visits.
Always friendly , comprehensive and timely. Great service.
I was taken very good care of and the Dentist spent time explaining my options and worked me in for the dental work I wanted. All the staff took good care of me.
All the staff are sincere and professional. They care about your comfort and their professional skills are excellent. Quality Customer Service. Follow up is part of their service. I have been here for a number of years and skills are updated with the current technology.
I have been a pt. of Dr. Willoughby for Many years. I have great faith in all of the care plans and truly respect what a perfectionist Dr. Willoughby always has been
Never a long wait and always pleasant. Best in Asheville.
So far, so good. I'm just beginning the process of having 12 crowns replaced.
excellent
My experience was good and i got some teeth fixed.
very positive
takes her time and explains all the details. also looks at what would be best for me and not the most expencive for her own pocket. i really appriciate her for that. i am planning on sending her referrals.
Good
She is a great dentist - very thorough and it was a seamless process with the new crown on the implant. Everyone in the office is friendly and welcoming. Dr Willoughby is gentle and explains the process.
Despite my reticence and ambivalence about the anaesthesia and actual "drilling," all went very well and was not painful or even uncomfortable.
Originally some uncertainty about tooth problem, but with Mallory's help was able to schedule convenient appointments with an additional dental professional as well as Dr. Bare and we are in the process of solving and treating the problem.
Dr. Willoughby is amazing at her job, giving great care and also doing everything in her power to make her patients feel comfortable and stress free. She really made my experience a lot better than other dental visits with other providers, and I felt at ease the entire time.
Excellent experience. Very knowledgeable and professional. The staff and Dr Willoughby are friendly, caring, and professional.
Dr. Bare very responsive. Diagnosis changed in the course of fitting the dentures.
all good. thanks
Outstanding and would not think of going any place else.
in Fletcher NC |
Great people and excellent dentistry.
Very knowledgeable doctor and staff, relaxed and professional atmosphere, great patient comfort, and what seems to me the latest, cutting-edge technology. Most pleasant cleaning I've ever had.
Black Mountain, NC |
Thoughtful and attentive. Excellent staff as well. Very knowledgeable.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Willoughby and staff are fantastic! We take the whole family there and she is kind, gentle and offers plenty of details and explanations before she does a procedure. The front desk is helpful and accommodating with all types of insurance, even if you are "out of network". They are a modern office and use modern technology, but it doesn't feel like a Disney World type dental office. Easy to get to and open everyday but Friday we intend to make them our permanent dentist in Asheville.
Asheville, NC |
It is always a good idea to research recommended procedures that are not just routine and are very expensive. I did and was glad that I got a second opinion on the recommended work. I choose another very reputable dentist in town who did not see a need for the recommend procedures. I did need a small amount of work done but not the extensive and expensive work she recommended. She has numerous great recommendations but based on my experience I will not be recommending her.
Candler, NC |
Wanted $1500 up front for an appt that was a week and a half away because o had needed to cancel an appointment prior due to sickness. This is not an appropriate way to treat clients and I will not ever go back, nor will I recommend to any friends/acquaintances.
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Willoughby, DDS?

Visit Dr. Willoughby

Dr. Willoughby accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major dental plans. Please contact our office for details.