Dr. Walter Hong, DDS

Dr. Walter Hong, DDS

Dentistry  |

Walter S. Hong, DDS is a Dentist - Family and Cosmetic Dentist practicing in Pasadena, MD, started practicing 2002 PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS American Dental Assocation Maryland State Dental Association Academy of General Dentistry DOCS Education

Lake Shore Family Dental

4330 Mountain Rd

Pasadena, MD 21122

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hong

• Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Wisconsin At Madison-Bba Accounting
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Michigan In Ann Arbor-Dds
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • General Practice-Meriter Hospital In Madison, Wisconsin

Dr. Hong has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hong to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Hong's Performance
Pasadena, MD |
Dr. Hong removed my silver fillings without my permission replacing them with the off white color. But there was absolutely no reason to do so; my teeth were just fine. I ended up having to get a root canal bc of it. When I told a co-worker, he said the same thing happened to him with Dr. Hong. Also, my 9-year old had her teeth cleaned for the first time by a hygenist who was rough and harsh, basically telling my child to suck it up. We switched dental offices, and she loves her new hygenist!
Pasadena, MD |
Horrible! He ruptured my blood vessel while performing local anesthetic and never explained what happened. When I came back in a few days with huge bruise all over my face and asked him why he couldn't explain to me what happened he said he didn't know. Such a lie- it was a text book example. Also according his treatment plan I need it a lot of dental work and my new dentist denied it- I don't need it. Unprofessional and rude doctor who cares only about money.
Pasadena, MD |
Dr Hong is an excellent dentist! I felt like he really had my best interest in mind, and he made sure I understood and agreed with the plan before starting anything.
in Severna Park, md |
The service and treatment are wonderful. I would trust this kind man with anything. I never had a dentist's office that did such a nice job welcoming a new patient. They should me exactly what it would cost for my specific treatment regimen at the end of my exam! And the treatment I got subsequently was top notch -- good work and painless. His staff spent plenty of time with me; I did not feel rushed.
in Pasadena, MD |
His business practices are bad. I had some work done and had decided I was done with Dr. Hong after that day. I needed to come back for another procedure and said it would take an hour. I said I would call the next day and make the appt. I called the next day and made the appt with the other dentist. She was a much better dentist and it only took about 15 minutes. It was apparent that Dr. Hong was going to charge the insurance company an hour for a procedure that only took 15 minutes.
in Severna Park, MD |
I had to be sedated during my appt, so my wife came with me as I couldn't drive. My wife walked inside with me and told them she had couple errands to run, would be back shortly and could reached on her cell phone. She returned about 45 minutes later and found out he had actually pulled two teeth instead of doing the work I gave them permission to do. They didn't even call my wife to ask if that was ok. After I had my follow-up appt a week later, I walked out the door and never looked back.
in Severna Park, MD |
Stay away! He is terrible. My husband and I were patients there, but not very long. I was having some extensive work done and getting the lidocaine injected was very painful. I have never that much discomfort at the dentist. I was actually moving around a bit and he yelled at me and told me not to move my head. He always talked to me as if I were a pediatric patient, not an adult.
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Hong and his practice are the best! The staff are friendly and professional. Dr. Hong is a true artist and works to make his patients happy. He completed a service for me my previous dentist wouldn't do. I can't even remotely imagine him yelling at anyone as stated in an earlier review. He is kind and quiet spoken. I have been very happy with him and his office.
in Severna Park, MD |
Horrific! Walter Hong is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever known. Terrible bedside manner. Violated HIPA law. Did not complete my dental work even though I had an hour booked. He said he ran out of time. He made me come back and tried to charge me a second time. My family has been patients for 10 years and spent over 20K yet he literally YELLED at me when I expressed my disappointment of his violating the HIPA law. He complains about other patients. He actually made me cry.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Hong, DDS?

Visit Dr. Hong

Dr. Hong accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.