Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD

Pediatric DentistryFemaleAge 63

Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD is a Pediatric Dentistry Practitioner in Newton Upper Falls, MA. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gavris to book an appointment.

Dr. Gavris

Partners in Oral Health

381 Elliot St Ste 195l Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464

Dr. Gavris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gavris

2.3

Dr. Gavris

Dr. Gavris neglected to diagnose and treat multiple cavities in my son after 3 years of seeing him as a patient. We ultimately got a second opinion and he eventually had to have multiple oral surgeries, an ER visit, and a 3 day inpatient stay at Children's. He now has both dental problems and trauma that may last a lifetime. The crazy part is that she kept wanting to pull healthy baby teeth, yet refused to deal with major dental caries. It's baffling.
K. M. – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD?
We had the worst experience with Dr. Virginia Gavris and decided to stop using her services after being her patients for over 5 years. She is extremely rude, often lies and misleads patients, and is very eager to pull your teeth out. Earlier this year, I signed up for a new dental insurance plan at my workplace and I asked her front desk staff if Dr. Gavris accepts the insurance and whether she is in-network. The front desk staff lied/ misled us saying that she was in-network, but turns out she was not. We did a dental treatment at her clinic this summer and were given a bill of over $1000. When asked why we have to pay so much out of pocket, she extremely rude, angry, and almost yelled at us saying that our insurance plan is bad and that's why the treatment costs so much. The insurance company told us that Dr. Gavirs was out of network and that's why the costs were high. Stay away from this place and take your business elsewhere.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD?
Dr. Gavris really likes pulling teeth. She tries to convince patients to let her extract their teeth quite often at regular cleaning appointments. She is happy to remove the tooth or teeth right away, without making another appointment, explaining much about why she wants the tooth removed, or referring patients to a dental surgeon. At one such appointment, she gave me Novacaine several times, and when I said I still had feeling in my mouth, she gave me a narcotic without telling me. I only know because it significantly altered my mental state, and I did not feel like I would be safe driving myself home when she sent me off. I have talked to another patient of hers who had the same experience. She administered a narcotic to each of us, newly licensed drivers, as if it were just another shot of Novacaine. There was no warning or worry about driving ourselves home. I would highly recommend choosing a different dentist.
Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD?
I brought my kids to Dr. Gavris for a few years. She barely interacted with me only with my kids. She made me bring me kids every few months for "consultations" but rarely gave them a proper cleaning. I never got advice about brushing their teeth . She insisted that my son's cavities didn't need to be filled even when it caused pain. She was too eager to pull my kids teeth if they took too long to fall out. Only reason we stayed was b/c my kids liked her. Do not recommend.
  • Appointment was rushed
Kay in Newton Center, MA – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Virginia Gavris, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gavris?

• Pediatric Dentistry