Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC

Pain Medicine •  Male • Age 44

Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC is a pain medicine specialist in Hilliard, FL and has been practicing for 7 years. He practices pain medicine and physical medicine & rehabilitation.

The Institute for Florida Pain Specialists

New Patient?
The Institute for Florida Pain Specialists551616 Us Highway 1 Hilliard, FL 32046
The Institute for Florida Pain Specialists1895 Kingsley Ave Ste 903 Orange Park, FL 32073

Dr. von Tobel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. von Tobel

4.2

Dr. von Tobel?
Dr. von Tobel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC
I got in a car accident back in December and was referred to Dr. Von Tobel as apart of my medical care. His staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Von Tobel is was very friendly and positive. Dr. Von Tobel is very knowledgeable and is not one of those doctors that just throws pills at you and say I will see you next month. In and out in 5 minutes. I wanted other alternatives because I don't want to take medication. He is focused on your individual needs and is there to help you not make you an addict. I appreciate that he gives you other options than medication cause I want to try and fix the problem not mask it with pills. Thanks!!
Catherine A Moseberth – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Was initially happy with the staff and Dr. von Tobel. The staff was professional and nice. I was taken relatively on time for my consultation appointment and for the epidural injections in my spine. Dr. von Tobel was excellent. However, there was a problem with my follow appointment. I was called into the exam room 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment, which was fine because 15 minutes late is considered on time for a doctor. The nurse said the doctor would be "right in." I proceeded to wait 45 minutes in the exam room and Dr. von Tobel did not come to speak with me. I went out of the room and asked how much longer it would be before the doctor would see me and did not get an answer from one of the nurses. I said I was in a lot of pain because I was sitting in the exam room for 45 minutes, which is not something that is good for back pain. I told the nurse that it was insensitive and disrespectful for the doctor to keep a patient waiting so long and I was leaving
Annette – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Quack. Hour waiting....three minutes with "Doctor"
Jacksonville, FL – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
An absolute pro right here. Truly cares about his patients, the whole staff was outstanding. Was extremely nervous for a procedure and everybody did everything to make me feel extremely comphortable. Best expierence I have ever had with a health professional.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
We have been provided by DR. Von Toble for three years. He is a very knowledgeable DR. and has helped both my wife and I with pain free techniques that have made our lives with more pain management free days. I have recommended him to all of my family and friends. He to us is more than a doctor, he is our friend.
Rober and Loisan Merritt – Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
What an amazing dr!!! His personality and bed side manners are remarkable!!! The entire staff at Florida Pain are just as awesome!!!
Melissa Pitts in Jacksonville , FL – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
This place is an absolute joke. If you have real pain avoid this place, they will not help you whatsoever. If you are trying to get your life right and get off opioids but still be treated for pain and be successful AVOID this doctor. By the time I am done he will lose his license.
Jacksonville , FL – May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
I'm a retired Hairstylist, due to my fall and injury to my back. After 6 mos. I'm sorry that I waited that long. I thought it would get better, but sorry to say it didn't. I finally went to an orthopedic Dr and they helped me to stand up straight. But the pain was still there. My husband passed away and I moved to Jacksonville to be with family. My Primary Dr recommended Dr Von Tobel. He did 3 progressive procedures and bless his hands an knowledge I'm able to get around wonderfully.
Carole in Jacksonville – May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Best treatment from a staff of very professional goup. Looking for a Christian doctor that cares about you. I can't say enough about this office thank God for them an pain free. Highly recommend this Dr von Toble.
Pat Ayers in Middleburg , FL – Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Hi! This is Patricia Weakley , Thank you Dr.Travis Von Tobel ... for helping me with my Disability!
Patricia S.Weakley in I’m Disabled and SSI, FL – Mar 19, 2019
Excellent
Gene Hawthorne in Orange Park, FL – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
I had my 1st appt with him 12/4/18, he put me on meds and I explained I'd need a prior auth. Well, Monday it was time to refill. I called the office told them I needed the p.a. They said they did it. I called ins they stated they haven't received anything. I Called back to say I didn't need to keep the appt since I can't get my meds & I'd reschedule as soon as the prior auth went through he grabbed the phone said I was harassing his staff. He's so rude to his staff including his mom. He's awful.
Heather Beach in Orange Park , FL – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
My Mother in law fell back in January Dr Von Tobel went to see her at the rehab center she was in.. He left his card for me to call. I called him and he explained what we could do to fix her problem and get her off the pain pills.. Which he was able to do he has great bed side manners He explains in detail how it was going to work With the procedure she had done. When I tell you we did not think she was going to pull thought the fall he was able to give her the pain relief she needed
Dianne in Orange park, FL – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Excellent Doctor and is very funny. He makes sure your very comfortable and did I mention funny
Antonia Chapman in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Dr. von Tobel has been very diligent his care. He is dedicated to helping maintain a pain management plan without compromising cognitive abilities.
Sharon in Middleburg, FL – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Dr. Travis gave me more attention at the nursing home after surgery for pain management then I got in the ICU after surgery. His Team Members are extremely caring and reasonable with all types of treatments. I am able to walk better after Dr. Travis helped my knees.
Joan in Orange Park, FL – Sep 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Dr. Von Tobel is excellent and passionate about his care. He has helped me understand my pain issues and target the source of the problem in order to relieve the pain for good. I would highly recommend him.
Crystal K in Jacksonville, FL – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Dr. von Tobel's mentality is find a problem and fix a problem, not to mask the problem. He provides complete health care, nutrition, exercise, breathing technics, smoking cessation, blood pressure and diabetes assessments. He took the time to set me up with Tobacco free Florida where I got 5 free months of nicotine patches! My pcp never do this. Not to mention the low back pain that he took away. I'm back to work and happy.
Frank J. – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
I had been dealing with pain for several months and taking pain relievers almost everyday after an injury I got in the gym. I started feeling as if I might never fully recover when I decided to make an appointment with Dr Von Tobel. After just a few a visits I began feeling tremendously better and it was no time at all before I was back active and completely pain free. I would definitely recommend Dr Von Tobel for his excellent knowledge and kind approach to his patients care.
Angela in Ponte Vedra, FL – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?
Very thorough physician who took the time to listen to me and help create a management plan! Excellent experience and would highly recommend to others.
John S. in Jacksonville, FL – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Travis von Tobel, MDSC?

How was your experience with Dr. von Tobel?

Dr. von Tobel accepts

Dr. von Tobel accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Select HMO
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. von Tobel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. von Tobel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Bone Disorders

Dr. von Tobel treats Bone Disorders more than 5% of his peers

Knee Disorders

Dr. von Tobel treats Knee Disorders more than 5% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. von Tobel treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 5% of his peers

Dr. von Tobel treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

Dr. von Tobel's conditions and procedures:

• Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis

Mission Statement

A life without pain is possible, through a comprehensive multi-disciplinary approach to pain management.

• Pain Medicine
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Pain Medicine
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

2013
Kingsbrook Jewish Kjmc

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. von Tobel treats patients.

Orange Park Medical Center

Orange Park, FL

65% Patient experience rating, 4% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2018)

Saint Vincent's Medical Center Riverside

Jacksonville, FL

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)