Orthodontics  |
Dr. Todd Rankin, DDS
Dr. Todd Rankin received his Undergraduate degree from Bucknell University and his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of North Carolina School of Dental Medicine (where he received an award from the American Association of Orthodontists for exceptional research in facial development). He did his graduate work in orthodontics at the University of Connecticut Health Center, where he received a certificate in orthodontics. Dr. Rankin maintains an active interest in continuing education by attending both dental and orthodontic seminars on local and national levels. He is a member of both the American Association of Orthodontists and North Carolina Association of Orthodontists (past president of NCAO). Finally, he is a long time member of the Schulman Group of Orthodontists. Dr. Rankin and his wife, Melissa, have been married since 2002. They have three children, Wyatt, Mia, and Dahlia. When not straightening teeth, he enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, cycling, and going to the beach. Dr. Leonard "Len" Fiume is originally from Charlotte, NC. He attended college at the University of North Carolina and earned both his Doctorate of Dental Medicine and graduate certificate in orthodontics from the College of Dental Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. Dr. Fiume is a board certified orthodontist with the American Board of Orthodontists (ABO) and an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) and the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists (NCAO). He is particularly interested in rapidly evolving technology because of its significant potential to improve the esthetics and efficiency of orthodontic treatment. He believes that advancements in areas such as digital scanning, 3D-printing and clear aligner treatments, like Invisalign, are the way of the future. To stay current on these technologies and other aspects of orthodontics Dr. Fiume pursues continuing education opportunities throughout the year. In his spare time, Dr. Fiume enjoys spending time with his family, surfing, paddle boarding, playing guitar, running and traveling. He and his wife, Kelly, moved to New Bern in 2014 and recently welcomed the newest addition to their family, their son, Wesley!

Rankin & Fiume Orthodontics

608 McCarthy Blvd

New Bern, NC 28562

(252) 636-1900

• MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Rankin

We are very passionate about orthodontics and work closely with patients to provide an exceptional orthodontic experience. Our practice offers a family-friendly, fun, and light-hearted atmosphere to put you at ease. We love making our patients' smile dreams a reality. Dr. Todd Rankin, Dr. Leonard "Len" Fiume, and our Fantastic Team are attentive, experienced professionals. We're also friendly and personable, and love building long-term relationships with our patients and families.

• Orthodontics

• Invisible Dental Braces
  • Lingual Dental Braces
  • Metal Dental Braces
  • Non-Surgical Bite Correction
  • Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
  • Removable Appliances
  • Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Bucknell University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Unc At Chapel Hill
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • U Conn Hlth Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Rankin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rankin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rankin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rankin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rankin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rankin to family and friends
Dr. Rankin Says:

Thank you for your feedback!  We appreciate and value your voice! Here at Rankin & Fiume Orthodontics we strive for perfection.  Every time our patients come in for their appointments we look to see how we can give you that amazing smile you deserve.

Dr. Rankin's Performance
in New Bern, NC |
Outstanding all around! The office, the staff, the services, and the perks!! Would definitely recommend!! ?
in New Bern, NC |
My youngest daughter received braces today Dr. Rankin was wonderful and answered every question plus all the extra questions that I had took extra time with us. We all love the very professional environment as well as the friendly smiles in the office.
in New Bern, NC |
Clean, friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable staff. Well-trained technicians who make the experience easier. On top of all that, the office is very comfortable and visually-appealing. I highly recommend this practice for adults or children who want or need tooth straightening.
Charlotte, NC |
Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.
New Bern, NC |
Dr. Rankin does an excellent job of explaining issues needing correction & the treatment options. The staff is friendly & helpful.
New Bern, NC |
We had great service at our first visit and the office is a very inviting place to enter.
in New Bern, NC |
He is excellent! The only orthodontist I would trust!
New Bern, NC |
The office always has a warm welcoming feeling.
New Bern |
Friendly staff everyone is always cheerful and happy to be at work. Facility is clean and well kept. Everything looks recently updated. My kids love the tablets and wife loves the cookies.
in JACKSONVILLE, NC |
DR Rankin and Dr Fiume are wonderful orthodontists with a wonderful staff! They are always encouraging their patients if needed for better brushing etc. And they truly care about giving their patients a smile that they can be proud of!!!
in Havelock, NC |
When I came to Rankin and Fiume I had already had my braces on for awhile. Being a military spouse I move a lot. I had a lot of work left to do. I given 1 year with this office and got my braces off in 8 months! My teeth are so pretty and I can't stop smiling. Everyone is so nice and cares about the patients. You will be making a great choice choosing Rankin and Fiume.
in New Bern, NC |
What is there not to love about this office & staff! The office itself is the coolest ever. The staff is always friendly, helpful & amazing. Dr.'s & staff explain everything in easy to understand terms & they all seem to love their work. Also, I have never had any difficulty getting the appt day & time I need.
in New Bern, NC |
Very happy with the services that this office provides. This is the second time that I've had braces and I am using a program called orchestrate to straighten my teeth out again. The office staff is very friendly and was very impressed by our free consultation
in New Bern, NC |
Dr. Rankin and his staff are the absolute best. They take the time to go over every detail about the care you need and what care you will receive! They are super kind and caring. My children, sister, and I are patients here. I would highly recommend this office!
Have you seen Dr. Todd Rankin, DDS?
Are you Dr. Rankin?

Hospitals where Dr. Rankin has admitting privileges

University of North Carolina Hospital
101 Manning Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dentistry