Dr. Thomas Watkins, DDS

Dr. Thomas Watkins, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Thomas Watkins, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Bloomington, IN and has been practicing for 39 years. He practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read his story

Thomas W. Watkins, DDS

857 S Auto Mall Rd

Bloomington, IN 47401

Learn about Dr. Watkins

Dr. Watkins' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Watkins "I see my role as coach and guide who helps current and future generations achieve good oral health. My goal for patients is to keep their mouths healthy with as little need as possible of dental professionals. I want to do the least invasive procedures I can to help patients maintain their health. When I go to a healthcare provider, the most important thing to me is that they really listen to me to help me reach my healthcare goals. I would expect nothing less for my own patients. I grew up with a family of healthcare workers, and dentistry gave me a chance to work with people while exploring my interests in science. As physicians, my father and grandfather taught me to respect and care for others, and how to be dedicated and compassionate. Those lessons have stayed with me throughout my career. EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree – Miami University, 1974 Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, 1978 General practice residency – Medical College of Ohio Hospital, 1979 In a field that is constantly changing and improving, it is essential to continue one’s education. As a fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, I have completed more than 500 hours of additional training and education. I am a member of Hoosiers for Dental Excellence Study Club and have taken extensive courses through the Pride Institute. Changes in dental material, equipment, and techniques are exciting! I am passionate about new innovations in dentistry that allow me to provide treatment that changes people’s lives. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS American Dental Association Indiana Dental Association Bloomington Dental Society OUTSIDE THE OFFICE I grew up in Tiffin, Ohio, a neighborhood where folks didn’t have locks on their doors. Having been a resident of Bloomington for over 33 years, it has been a pleasure to be a part of a wonderful community full of unique and interesting people. My wife Nancy was a geriatric social worker until she became a full-time mother to our four kids. Now she volunteers with Meals on Wheels and at church. My children have proven to be smart, successful, and independent individuals. One daughter is an optometrist, another is a bio-statistician, and both sons are dentists. We’ve been blessed with six grandchildren as well. In my free time, I like to travel with my family, explore nature, and go to Indiana University baseball, basketball, and football games. I am also passionate about our community and giving back to others who haven’t been as fortunate. I have volunteered with Volunteers in Medicine and at homeless shelters for three years, and served on the boards of Girls Inc., Youth for Christ, and Church Board of Education. I was also lucky enough to coach little league baseball, softball, and football for many years."

This content was provided by Dr. Watkins "Our team of highly motivated and excited staff members, working together, serve as life-long coaches pursuing ideal oral health. With compassion and the most up-to- date knowledge and technology, we create informed patients that make the best choices to promote and invest in their total well-being. Our patients honor our commitment with their trust and actively partner with us to achieve and maintain this highest level of dental health. With knowledge and inspiration, we become better people."

4  Practice Areas

• Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Case Western Reserve University Of Dentistry and Orthodontics
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Medical College Of Ohio Hospital-General Practice Resideny
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Fellowship From Academy Of General Dentistry
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Watkins has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Watkins has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Watkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Watkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Watkins' Reviews