Dr. Thomas Stark, DDS

Dr. Thomas Stark, DDS

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Thomas Stark, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Ames, IA and has been practicing for 33 years. He practices orthodontics, orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, and more.Read his story

Stark Smiles: Thomas M Stark DDS

1212 Duff Ave

Ames, IA 50010

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Stark

Dr. Stark's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stark "I will never forget how my chairman at the Baylor orthodontic program, Dr. Moody Alexander, encouraged us residents to especially, "love the unlovables." I vividly recall being a painfully shy and definitely unattractive seventh-grader myself, who just wanted to be invisible. Growing up, I wore braces from sixth to eighth grade, and I was admittedly a C-minus patient! But by my sophomore year in high school, something internal, perhaps my guardian angel, made me completely sure that orthodontics was the right path for me. I have never regretted that decision! As an orthodontist, I understand what treatment means to my patients, and I find great happiness in seeing young people transform from a caterpillar to butterfly right before my eyes! The gift of a lovely smile, and the priceless corresponding gift of improved self-esteem is pure magic and truly Heaven-sent. It is enormously joyful to be part of those transformations on a daily basis! I am blessed to be part of this profession and I love using my mind and my hands to gently change and improve people's smiles – and often, their lives! I love to follow my patients' lives and their achievements in education, sports, theater, music, and the arts. It is a special honor to see family members in my practice: I recently began caring for a third-generation patient! MY TEAM I love my team and I love watching their interactions and friendships with our patients. It is fun to feel the positive energy that is shared between patients, their families, my team, and I. Hearing laughter in my office on an almost constant basis brings a smile to my face. The day we take a patient's braces off is such a celebration! My team and I love to watch people's eyes light up when they see their new smile for the first time: it makes us all smile!"

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Stark "Exceptional care from beginning to end. The staff is all so friendly and truly seem to care, especially Dr. Stark. My daughter has felt at ease since our first visit!"

"Dr. Thomas M. Stark and his team provide advanced orthodontic care, with a personal touch. We care about you as a person, not just straightening your teeth! It will be our honor to help you achieve a lifetime of beautifully healthy smiles, and become your friends in the process."

3  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion - Short Stature Syndrome
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Underbite

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Iowa State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University Of Iowa / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Texas A&M University Health Science Center / Baylor College Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Stark has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stark has no media or publications listed.

• American Association of Orthodontists, Member
  • Smiles Change Lives, Member
  • World Federation of Orthodontists, Member

Dr. Stark's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stark to family and friends
69 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Stark's Performance

This man is one in a million. Truly a person who will leave a lasting impact on you for the rest of your life. He is so kind and sweet, very informative about every procedure, and does an excellent job in every area. A true people person, will treat you more as a friend than as a patient. He cares...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0