Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS

Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS

DentistryMale

Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS is a Dentistry Practitioner in Appleton, WI. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. MacHak to book an appointment.

Smiles On Calumet

Visit Website
Smiles On Calumet3813b E Calumet St Appleton, WI 54915

Dr. MacHak's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. MacHak

2.2

Dr. MacHak?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Listened & answered questions (9)
  • Explained conditions well (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (17)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (17)
Went in to get 3 small fillings done. He ended up replacing other silver fillings and replacing them also. When he went to give me the anesthetic injection for the lingual nerve, he hit the nerve twice before injecting the nerve block. After one week my tongue is still have numb/burning and my face is still having residual effects too. I did call on the weekend and left a message, and never received a call back. I will never go to this place again!! Second time with a major side effect, with 2 different dentists.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
In pain in Appleton, WI – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
I had a partial for 5 of my upper teeth, but needed one of the teeth that the partial hooked on (a fang if you will?) pulled. I could still wear it just fine. I came back 2 weeks later for a cleaning and walked out with a face full of failed root canals, my teeth ground to pieces of course, and fillings that feel like sand stone probably would to my tongue if I licked it. I guess he couldn't figure out it wasn't gonna work till he ground all of them up... I guess... I then had to wait 6 months for a really bad new partial. Now, had he consulted me as any good dentist does, I definitely would have declined all this garbage. He should be paying me for the practicing he did on me because it sure as goll darn heck was not, and won't be good until all this crap in mouth is gone. Can't believe I, and others didn't consult attorney's. 110%
B??G¡€ – Apr 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
He is the best dentist we have ever had!
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Well I was recommended to Dr. Meacham by my para-transit driver. I confided that I was having big problems finding a dentist who accepts my disability-dental insurance. Well what luck! Not only does he accept my insurance, but he's a great dentist. Dr Machak has a real passion for the art of dentistry. I am impressed with the care and attention to detail. Dr. Machak will take the time to share options in detail if you ask; should you require something extra than a cleaning and exam. AAA+++
Mark Sugarman in Menasha – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Dr.Machack was very helpful,did excellent work on my teeth,found a dentist that really did a great job,i will always go back.Very clean inside ,staff were so kind and also helpful.
Danny Psiropoulos in Sussex, WI – Mar 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Dr. Machak wrecked my mouth and i think its because I was on state insurance so he didn't care about me or my teeth... Its been about 6 months since he worked on my teeth and I'm having horrible issues with all of his work. I have to get it all re done. Aside from the issues I'm having now , he was also pretty rude and hasty with his work. I had to go back 4 times for him to fix things that went wr
Ruby in Appleton wi – Jul 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
I ended up having 12 teeth pulled at once.... am in excruciating pain so called the emergency number telling him there is a piece of tooth still in there he said no the teeth are all out.... went into the er because of pain and the doctor said there was a piece of tooth and I would have to get it taken out and she gave me a shot for pain.... called the office in the morning and still will not even look at my mouth.... I am still in horrible pain....... DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST!!!!
Amy in Montello, WI – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
He told me so much more stuff than what my old dentist ever told me!!!! I'm so embarrassed that my old dentist had never told me half the stuff that he did he's very honest and up front with you!
Sara in Omro, Wi – May 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Rude...... he and the building stink like an old ash tray. Cancelled many appts. With short notice saying he had a family emergency come up. When confronted secretary lied and said we cancelled them. When switched to new dentist between our 2 son's they have $4,000 in dental procedures they need done now!! We went every 6 months. This shouldn't be!!!!! Very rude, un knowledgeable . DON'T TRUST LOVED ONES IN HIS CARE!
KD in Wis. – Apr 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
I found Dr. Machak and his staff very helpful and caring, he explained what I needed to do to keep my teeth healthy. Would recommend him, he also is one of only afew dentists that really care about patients with Forward. Not many dentists accept Forward because they really don't get paid a lot for the work, he always had a full waiting room with many elderly and disabled. Many of these people would have no other place to go for dental care. No good deed goes unpunished.
New York, NY – Apr 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Both he and his staff are terribly rude and uncaring. They are impatient and unfriendly. Dr. has terrible bedside manners and does a terrible job with educating his clients, much less letting them know what they are scheduling future appointments for. They fact that he wants to take children back unsupervised/without parent is not okay with me. I will never go back here again and I will tell everyone I know that this is not the place you want to go especially do not have your kids go here.
Brookbear in Omro, WI – Apr 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?
Bad attitude. Doesn't care about his patients. Doesn't spend enough time on patients. Bad staff attitude.
Dan in Ripon, WI – Jan 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas MacHak, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. MacHak?

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Failure to complete continuing education requirements (1/8/2020)View details
1 board action Found
  • Failure to complete continuing education requirements (5/7/2020)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check if Dr. MacHak treats your condition or procedure

• Tooth Discoloration
  • Tooth Malformation
  • Tooth-Conserving Dentistry

Dr. MacHak accepts

Dr. MacHak accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO