Dr. Terry Preece, DDS

Male
26 reviews

• MetLife

Learn about this dentist

I and my team will always offer you the same high quality care that we would offer a member of our own families. We will listen to your concerns, perform a comprehensive exam, discuss all the options and then let you decide which option will work best for your situation. We strive to always be gentle, patient and caring and do our best to make your visit as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We have a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office which helps us offer you the best care possible.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Preece's Experience

Visiting Dr. Preece

Dr. Preece accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Preece's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Preece to family and friends
Dr. Preece's Performance
Dallas, TX |
By Delfin I highly recommend Dr. Preece. He's done an excellent job as always. He is very accommodating and compassionate
in Anchorage AK |
Dr Preece has been our family dentist since he opened his clinic in our neighborhood and conveniently was a BC/BS preferred provider! Since then he has done emergency crown work on my husband and myself. I was at the front door when they opened, the staff took an X-ray, got me in a warm massage chair, and had me wait a few min for the doctor who bumped someone a little to clean up my crown and then stayed late tonight to put on a temporary. i am so grateful they came to our community!
Los Angeles, CA |
The staff at Healthy Smiles Center is always so personable and friendly yet still professional. I feel I am getting excellent dental care and I am comfortable there. I have referred patients to Dr. Preece.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I needed to have a tooth pulled, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Not only was my painfultooth extracted in about 20 minutes. Dr.Preece even called me at home that night to make sure I was doing OK. He gave me his personal cell number just in case I started to have problems on the weekend. I really appreciate Dr. Preeceand his entire staff for their care and concern along with great dental work.
in Honolulu, HI |
My fear of dentistry is profound. I have had numerous horrid experiences both as a child and adult. Thus, I was truly dreading this first appt. Everything was fine. All the staff I met were so kind and professional. Dr. Preece seems very down-to-earth and very experienced. I may not ever look forward to going to a dentist but after coming here, I will not dread it either!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I hadn't been to a dentist in almost 15 years and was very nervous. Dr. Preece and his staff did an excellent job making me feel comfortable. They are very professional and kind and I will definitely be back again.
in anch, ak |
So far missed two appointments, lack of follow up on appointments and confirmation of those that are in the system...this time I showed up for an invalid appointment. A simple crown install has turned into a fiasco for scheduling and planning...
in Phoenix, AZ |
We have had the best experiences with Healthy Smiles! The entireteam has taken great care of my children and been very supportive of their unique needs.
in Anchorage, AK |
Emily is personable, professional, and extremely thorough. My family has been with Dr. Preece's practice for more than five years and I am glad he continues to improve his team of professionals by welcoming such skilled and friendly people as Emily. I do look forward to my next appointment with Emily and know my kids will be comfortable with her.
Professional and painless.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great experience!!!!!
in Anchorage, AK |
Took about a half hour to see the Dr. Appreciated giving me several options at several price levels to consider. Also appreciated the time taken to fit the bridge in better.
in Ashburn, VA |
Dr. Preece and his staff are always caring. My daughter had a very sensitive tooth and difficult to be treated since she is little. They were patient with her and got the job done, I hope everything goes good with it. I definitely recommend them
San Jose, CA |
Very gentle ,professional, friendly and very attentive to my needs. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone . The ladies are awesome and so is Dr Preece. I feel very comfortable with his procedures. Thank you =)
Anchorage, AK |
Customer service A Respectful environment A Respect your time A Would encourage others to see Dr. Preece if they choose to have a great dental experience (He is even comfortable/great seen children for what his front desk personnel told me).
Ashburn, VA |
Everyone is very nice, Dr Preece did excellent pain free work.
in Anchorage, AK |
Great service! Every one that I have interacted with at this office has been friendly and professional.
in Anchorage, AK |
Always professional and a great team of employees
in New York, NY |
Wouldn't say I loved it, because fillings and cleaning are NOT fun, however Dr. Preece was very professional and did everything to make me comfortable. Great dentist!
in Anchorage, AK |
I am vere pleased with the care I received at every visit The staff is awsome.. so is the dentist! I recomend you give them a try.
in Anchorage, AK |
Very clean office and nice staff
Have you seen Dr. Terry Preece, DDS?

Dr. Preece says...

Dr. Terry J. Preece is an Anchorage Dentist who graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry in 1980. He started and maintained a successful private general practice with an emphasis on cosmetics in Layton, Utah for 28 years.In 2008 he moved to SE Alaska, to the island of Wrangell, where he practiced at a community health center. Being the only dentist on the island, he provided a wide array of dental services for the entire population of 1,800 people. In August of 2010, he and his family moved to Anchorage, where he began practicing at his current location, the Healthy Smiles Dental.Dr. Preece attends extensive continuing education courses and is deeply committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive, full-care dentistry in Anchorage AK. Dr. Terry Preece enjoys hunting, fishing, skiing, golfing, and spending time with his family. He is an active member of his church. He has been married for 41 years and is the father of three children.

Dr. Preece's Care Philosophy

Dr. Preece's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Alaska not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.

• Abscess
  • Excessive Tooth Wear
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gingivitis
  • Gingivostomatitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis