Dr. Susan Polis, DDS

Dr. Susan Polis, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Susan Polis, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Homer, AK. She graduated from Loma Linda University / School Of Dentistry and practices dentistry.Read her story

549 Grubstake Ave Ste A

Homer, AK 99603

• Meritain Health
  • MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Polis

Dr. Polis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Polis "Hi, my name is Dr. Susan Polis I have been involved with Dentistry since 1980 in the State of Alaska. I graduated from the University of Minnesota in Dental Hygiene that year and immediately moved to Alaska and began providing preventive care in many areas such as Anchorage, Seward, Valdez, Dutch Harbor, King Cove, Sand Point and Glennallen. I love Alaska and eventually found a full time position in Homer, Alaska where I worked from 1985-1990 as a registered Dental Hygienist. In 1990, I decided to go further and began my journey to become a Dentist. I went to the University of Anchorage, Alaska and took a few requirements and refresher classes to pass the Dental Admission Test (DAT). I was accepted to Loma Linda University School in Loma Linda, California in 1993 and graduated in 1997 with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery. Since graduation, I have had practices in Yakutat, Barrow and Homer. I now spend most of my time in Homer where I live 3 weeks each month, and 1 week a month I am in Barrow providing high quality dental services. I absolutely love the field of dentistry and helping people to achieve their dream smiles. As a member of the American Dental Society, Alaska Dental Society, and Academy of General Dentistry, I keep up with all of the newest innovations in the field. I recently underwent training at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies in neuromuscular, aesthetic and implant dentistry and am committed to providing excellent, caring dentistry, In my spare time, I enjoy fishing, boating, and bowling. I have been an avid skier, both in snow and water most of my life, and enjoy camping and winter snowmachine trips as well. My proudest achievement is my ability to provide friendly and quality care to my patients in Homer and Barrow and I have the most EXCELLENT Dental Team to work with!"

This content was provided by Dr. Polis "Our mission is to provide high quality care with compassion and to educate our patients in a friendly, caring manner. "

1  Practice Areas

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.

• Loma Linda University / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Polis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Polis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Polis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Polis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Polis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Polis

4.2

Dr. Polis?
Dr. Polis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Susan Polis, DDS
I had the great pleasure of receiving dental care from Dr polis during the mission of mercy event in Fairbanks. She pulled three broken teeth and treated an infection. The extraction was quick and I didn't have any pain the next morning. I woke up feeling better and pain free for the first...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Polis, DDS?
Dr. Polis and her team are fantastic. Never had to wait more than five minutes to be seen. Explains any work need in detail including going over your digital X-rays. Entire staff including the front desk are super friendly. Would totally recommend Dr. Polis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Polis, DDS?
Dr. Polish and the preventive dental staff are amazing. The office is beautiful and clean. I have always had wonderful experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Polis, DDS?
Excellent dental care. Dr Polis and her staff are so friendly and welcoming. I feel like I am in good hands and getting excellent work! Would definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Polis, DDS?
Excellent work! Friendly staff and lovely, beautiful smile! The doctor is a positive, great doctor and has been doing all my work lately and I feel better than ever, way better work than I have ever had by any other doctor! She is very informative and answers all questions that she is asked. Her...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Polis?