Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS

DentistryMale

Dentistry

Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS is a Dentistry Practitioner in Groton, NY.

Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS

Access Dental Care PC

119 W South St Groton, NY 13073 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dentistry Practitioners in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Ali treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Ali accepts

Dr. Ali accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO

Dr. Ali's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ali

3.6

Dr. Ali

My last appt I asked a lot of questions because I didn’t understand why I needed a root canal and a crown, and couldn’t afford it even with dental insurance. Dr Ali said some very condescending things to me, instead of having the courage to walk out at that moment I let him work on my fillings which he proceeded to do so angrily. Once the anesthesia wore off I was in so much pain I could barely open my mouth for two days. The pain went away completely after more than a week. In the past I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I don’t remember ever being in so much pain after a dentist visit. Later after looking at different records I realized dr Ali put a filling just 13 months ago on this tooth that now needed a root canal and a crown. Usually I don’t write bad reviews because everyone deserves a second chance, but this experience was awful just awful and I’m questioning why my tooth went completely bad just 13 months after being worked on.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Upset patient – May 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
My son went there for a filling, they didn't numb him enough so through the procedure he was writhing in pain. Fast forward 4 months and my son is crying in pain saying his tooth hurt. Took him to a pediatric dentist this time, the filling had caused an infection and abscess. The dentist said because they tried to do such a large filling and baby teeth don't do well with those. The dentist also said the tooth on the exact opposite side was decaying and that was most certainly an area of concern when we went for the filling previously, but was over looked....I don't understand how!? Half his tooth was practically missing. The rescheduling that happens at Dr. Ali's office is incredibly frequent and an absolute inconvenience when it happens for more than 50% of your appointments. I won't be back and wouldn't recommend bringing your children here if they need dental work.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
My family and I have been going to Dr. Ali for over 15 years - we have had only positive experiences. Dr. Ali and his entire staff are great!!
Ithaca, NY – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
Was seen the same morning I called. Friendly staff. Had a filling replaced painlessly. Would recommend going there
Bruce S in Groton, ny – Mar 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
I normally don't write reviews but i felt compel to write one for Dr. Ali. I always put off going to the dentist as much as i can. Recently i was in severe pain and had to be seen immediately, I called Dr.Ali's office and he was able to fit me in right away. i was fearful to be there, Dr. Ali's calm nature made me feel relax. He is very calm and takes his time explaining things. One thing i like about Dr. Ali is he explains every step during the procedure. I highly recommend him!
Ithaca, NY – Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
I have no anxiety when it comes to getting my teeth worked on, ever since I became a patient of Dr. Ali! He is very skilled at his practices and makes every visit a great experience!
Rome, NY – Jan 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
Dr. Ali at Access Dental is an incredibly skilled, intelligent and honest dentist. After moving here to Ithaca, New York to attend Cornell Law School, finding an excellent dentist who I could trust was a challenge. Another practitioner in the area wanted me to get a root canal, when the fact of the matter was my tooth was perfectly healthy. The foundation needed treatment. Dr. Ali immediately determined what was wrong and helped me save my tooth. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Ali and his staff.
Ricardo A. Henriquez, Esq. in Ithaca, NY – Jan 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
Dr Ali is very caring and gentle. He takes his time when he is working on my teeth. He has realistic approach and he is practical
Ann in Groton – Jan 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?
My experience with Doctor Ali was amazing. For someone who is petrified of the dentist, he was very easy going and gentle. He was very caring and took his time to look at my x-rays to find the problem. The staff was very nice and inviting as soon as I walked in. I would recommend him to anybody.
Jan 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sufdar Ali, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Ali?