Dr. Steven P. Swords, DMD

Dr. Steven P. Swords, DMD

Dentistry | Male

Swordsfamilydentalcare.com 6233 Veterans Pkwy, Columbus, GA 31909 Get Directions

Learn about this Dentist

Dr. Swords' Experience

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Swords

Dr. Swords accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Swords

Dr. Swords' Review Details
    5 based on 8 responses
    Experience with Dr. Swords
    Dr. Swords' Office & Staff
      Under 10 minutes (6)
    in Blakely, Ga |
    He gives the best shots and takes interest in his patients.
    Have you seen Dr. Swords?
    Are you Dr. Swords? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Swords

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Orthodontics

• Teeth Extraction
    • Teeth Scaling
    • Teeth Whitening
    • Upper Dentures

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Medical College Of Georgia

Graduated in 1996

University Of Georgia

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Swords has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Swords has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Swords' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dentistry
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Swords

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Swords' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Swords

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Swords says...

I was fortunate growing up to have had a great dentist who made sure I never had a problem with anxiety during treatment. When I started my own practice, I knew I wanted to give my patients the same relaxing environment. Many people have had bad dental experiences, so my staff and I strive to make it as easy as possible for everyone who visits our office.Swords Family Dental Care Offers On Time Appointments.

After graduating from high school, I joined the U.S. Air Force where I had the opportunity to learn about dentistry as a dental assistant. During my time in the Air Force, I took two years of night classes that allowed me to complete my undergraduate education after two more years at the University of Georgia. I then achieved my Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree at theMedical College of Georgia.

Continuing Education

I am a regular participant with the Rivertown/Seattle Study Club that meets monthly to discuss the latest advances in dental care. I also keep my staff and myself up-to-date on new technology and  fully certified in Invisalign®.

Professional Associations

• American Dental Association
    • Georgia Dental Association

My Team

My staff is wonderful at making what could be a very stressful experience so much better than what patients think possible. From the time patients make their first calls until the time they walk out the door, everyone here strives for excellence every step of the way. We make this possible by continuing to improve our clinical excellence through advanced education courses, as well as strengthening our teamwork through staff retreats.

Outside the Office

I grew up in Blakely, Georgia, and now make my home in Midland, just north of Columbus. My wife, Lacy, and I have two kids, Halee and Brock. We are a tennis-playing family and I personally also enjoy spending time on the golf course, "huntin', fishin' and lovin' everyday". We love to travel as a family and we are very active at Cascade Hills Church.

Dr. Swords' Care Philosophy

Swords Family Dental Care is the first choice for comprehensive, family-oriented, high-quality care to patients in and around Phenix City, AL, and Columbus, GA. Dr. Steven Swords believes every one of his patients deserves only excellent care. The best and most modern in dental medicine is not just available to his patients, it is also affordable.

New visitors to the practice know immediately this is a safe place to be. Dr. Swords has created a patient-friendly environment that is relaxing, warm, and welcoming. Good care should never be something anyone should fear. Our patients know they can relax here and feel at home. Our well-trained, professional team knows how to work with the anxious and those who have had negative experiences in the past with other providers. We emphasize painless dental care at every appointment.

Swords Family Dental Care is equipped with the latest and best technologies. Continuing education keeps our team up to date regarding current treatments and best practices. We emphasize preventive treatments and educating our patients about caring for their teeth and gums at home. While we have lots of tools in our arsenal, we want our patients to have great oral health that requires as few of those tools as possible.

We take time meeting with the people we see and treat them as we would like to be treated. We know each patient has unique needs, concerns, and health challenges. We learn about our patients by listening to them and answering all their questions. We choose to serve our patients, acting in their interests and not our own. Dr. Swords crafts unique treatment plans by working one-on-one with patients, achieving great smiles.

The patients who come into our office become our friends. Everyone here looks forward to seeing them and catching up on what has been happening in their lives. We do our best to make sure we have appointments available that will work with your schedule. If you have a dental emergency, making you better is our priority.

Please call the Swords Family Dental Care office in Columbus, GA, for more information and to make an appointment. We know you and your family will like the way you are treated when you visit. We look forward to becoming your friends and smile advocates.